Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Phasing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ToanDN
1068 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Phasing

Scenario:

Our project includes 3 child projects (1, 2, and 3).  Each child project has 3 construction phases (for example 1a, 1b, 1c).  The child projects will be constructed concurrently so the phases among them are not in order from 1a first to 3c last, for example: 1c, 2a, and 3b may happen at the same time.

If I use 100% Revit Phasing: project is divided to 9 different phases.

Cons:

Revit cannot show room from previous phases so I have to either copy/paste rooms multiple times in order for older rooms to show in newer Phases, or overlay multiple views.  Either way, there is a lot of work and maintenance to be done.

I want to keep the graphic override for the existing building (walls with grey poche, etc...), but show all the new construction without graphic override (fire tapes, etc...).  But Revit does not allow that, which I understand and agree with the intent, but that does not work for my need for this particular project.  A workaround would be change all the coarse scale fill pattern for existing walls to grey poche.  But that does not work for other detail levels.

When I need to show multiple phases that are not follow the Revit phase sequence on one drawing, I have to overlay views of those phases.

Any suggenstions to make the process less painful?

Thanks in advance.

-Toan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ToanDN

Could the child Projects be created as separate files and then linked into a master Project? Then you could use Phase Mapping to chronologically coordinate the different phases from each of the child Projects.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That is an interesting approach.  I will see how it works with our project.  Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report