Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Linked Views

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Kraig.Cline
1111 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Linked Views

I was curious if there was an option to set up what linked view would be set when creating and duplicating views. Its a little time staking when you have 6-7 linked files and need to make 20-30 elevations/sections. I was thinking there would be a way to setup the views so they're ready to go when you create them.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jkarben
in reply to: Kraig.Cline

Have you looked into View Templates? View templates can be applied to multiple views to set the same configuration for the Revit Links category.

Create View Types to apply a view template to views as they are created. Set it to dependent so the view template is linked to the view(s). Need to make a change? Update the view template and all views are updated. View Type Overview (2013 and newer).

For existing views you can make the view dependent on the same view template by assiging it in the view's properties.

Already have various view templates assigned to views that need the same linked view setting? "Un-include" the Revit Links category from the view template already assigned. Create a separate view template that only "includes" the Revit Links category. Apply that to all the views manually.

Message 3 of 3
Kraig.Cline
in reply to: jkarben

I will try this, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report