Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Link Visiblity setting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SPALDEN
243 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Link Visiblity setting

Hi, I'm using Revit 2013. I have a model setup which contains around 100 drawings. There is no live information modelled in the file but a number of linked Revit files are in there which combine to create my site.

I have been issued another Revit model from a subconsultant which I want to bring in but only want it to appear on approximately 5 of my 100 drawings. If I insert this new Revit model as a link, it is going to show up on everything, which I don't want. I need a way of inserting the new Revit link with a setting which switches it off in all existing views, then go into the 5 drawings in question and switch it on. Is there anything which will do this? I'm thinking something similar to when you create a new workset and there is an option to make it invisible in views.

Yes I have a number of view templates setup for some of my drawings but there are still quite a few with bespoke settings that are not being controlled through a template. It would be far more painful for me to have to revisit all of my existing drawings and change the settings rather than just dealing with 5 of them.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SPALDEN
in reply to: SPALDEN

Don't worry, I've fixed this already, less than 5 minutes after posting! I setup a new workset in the file for my linked model, assigned the link to that workset and set it to be Not visible in all views. Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

Message 3 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: SPALDEN

Sometimes you need to think out loud to figure something out! Smiley Very Happy

Glad you got it!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report