Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT, has Structural or MEP features?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Tsu.Jim
3059 Views, 7 Replies

Revit LT, has Structural or MEP features?

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a comparative version of features between Revit and Revit LT, but I have not found in any place about the structural features seen in the ribbon.

Also want to know if Revit LT has MEP features.

Thank you for your time.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
loboarch
in reply to: Tsu.Jim

Revit LT does NOT hanve any tools for MEP. MEP elements would be able to be seen if you had a model with them but you can't author any MEP model elements with Revit LT.

There are a few limited tools for structure but this is really only to place these elements.  You can't do any loading conditions, analysis, or manipulation of the analytical model.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 8
LisaDrago

To add to Jeff - one of the big structural features that is not there is being able to add trusses and a slab foundation

I have had a lot of questions on that...

Just wanted to note it...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 8
Tsu.Jim

Hi Jeff and Lisa,
Thank you for your aswers and time!

Have a great weekend!
Message 5 of 8
braiola
in reply to: loboarch

Hi, 

Is it possibile upload and view a Revit  MEP file on Revit LT? 

Is it possible print a Revit MEP file on Revit LT?

The needed is to view and print a Revit MEP files. Not editing or modeling. Can you suggest me?

Message 6 of 8
dyp4f

Autodesk has a free online viewer, that you can use

if you just want to view and print a Revit file

(https://viewer.autodesk.com)

Message 7 of 8
braiola
in reply to: dyp4f

Hi ,

Do you know if Revit LT have the capability to upload the Revit MEP Files,view the Revit MEP Files and print it?

The focus concern the feautures up indicated but the idea is to buy Revit Lt also for the small Architectural Revit editing like 1st approach to Revit modeling

Message 8 of 8
dyp4f
in reply to: braiola

I don't know first hand but as I read (and if I understand correctly) if you open an existing Revit model having MEP elements using Revit LT, then you can see and print those elements but not edit them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report