Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT New user

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
GElkin
951 Views, 5 Replies

Revit LT New user

I have just been on a 3 day Revit training course and have a copy of Revit LT and obviously the format is slightly different

On using the LT I immediately noticed that the number of options on elements is very restricted i.e. walls, floors, roofs compared to the full version and there didn't seem to be more in the system library.

There isn't a "System Families" button as in the full version.

Am I missing something ?, can I access more elements , materials etc from elsewhere ?

So for example I can not change the red/ brown brickwork, Can I get a different ground floor construction or roof cladding ?

Also there isn't a in programme rendering option only "Cloud Render" which I haven't fathomed out yet.

Any advice would be helpful

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: GElkin

Revit does not have a "system family" button.  System families are families that ONLY exist in the project environment (walls, roofs, floors, etc...)

You can create new system families by duplicating one that is close in your project and then change the parameters/materials to get what you are after.  Revit and Revit Lt do not work any dirfferently in this way.

The materials also work exactly the same way on both Revit and Revit LT.  If you do not find the exact material you are looking for you can find one that is close or search in the material libraries and then load the material into the project.  once the new material is defined you can use this material in your systems families by altering the structure of the family and assigning the new material.

Revit LT does not support local rendering..  You can render in the cloud but that is the only option with Revit LT.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 6
GElkin

Thanks Jeff

I have sorted the Cloud Rendering

I will need to study things a bit more but Cant see how I can even change the colour of say the brickwork. How do I get differant tiled roof or cement render (stucco) finish

I thought the idea was that there would be an ever growing Library of elements that would be available but LT seems very limited unless I can down-load them.

Also just downloaded upgrade to Revit LT 14 and there seems to be a problem with the windows in 3D view as they are just blacked out, any idea why this is ?

Message 4 of 6
loboarch

The color of the brick is handled by the creation of a new material.  The color of a material is handled by the image file associated with it.  if you can get a digital image of somethign you can make a material out of it.  You find a materil in one of the supplied libraries that is "close" to what you are after and then change the appearance properties of the material to use the new image file.

Revit LT can use ALL of the families that are out there and created for Revit.  There are many sources of Revit family files including other users and product manufacturers.  Revit LT also has the same family editor environment found in Revit so you can create whatever families you need for your projects.

The windows bloacked out problem sounds like a graphic driver issue.  Try making sure you have the latest video card drivers loaded and if that does not solve the problem try turning off hardware acceleration in Revit.  From the Application menu (Big R) select Options and on the graphics tab you can turn off hardware acceleration for Revit.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: loboarch

...that blackout issue might be the difference between SHADED and REALISTIC visual styles...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 6
GElkin
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Thanks Bob

Sorry didnt reply sooner, not been on the page for a while.

By upping the quality on the 3D view to maximum it gets rid of the blackout.:smileyhappy

Regards

Gordon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report