Revit Architecture

jvloman
Message 1 of 5 (472 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit LT 2014 roof - pulling down vertex capablility?

472 Views, 4 Replies
09-12-2013 12:14 PM

Hi. I'm at a loss. I've been trying to figure out how to do shape editing on a roof on Revit LT 2014 for the last few days.

All I want to do is have a pitched roof meet a flat roof. What I mean is, imagine taking a half of a pyramid shape and laying it down on a flat roof and joining it. I figured out how to make a dormer of sorts with it being triangular in plan but not being able to pull down that vertex onto the flat roof. 

I work at home at a small business and I really don't know who to ask or how to ask anyone about this question. 

Is it because Revit LT is not capable of doing such geomeries? Is Revit able to? I would think? 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 5 (463 Views)

Re: Revit LT 2014 roof - pulling down vertex capablility?

09-12-2013 12:56 PM in reply to: jvloman

I work in Revit 2014 ...I hope that LT works the same...

Make a second roof , as in the attached recording and use Join Roofs

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/d7892171-6c17-409b-be1b-ce15d0dac3a7

Image 200.png

Image 202.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
jvloman
Message 3 of 5 (451 Views)

09-12-2013 01:19 PM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Wow, Thanks. That was helpful in making the roof, for sure.  Unfortunately, I am having trouble joining them. The error message I get is part of the roof to be joined misses the target face.  Do you know what this means and what I should do about it? 

Thanks again. 

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 4 of 5 (438 Views)

09-12-2013 01:34 PM in reply to: jvloman

select first the border of the main roof (1) and then the face of the second roof to join to the first...

Image 203.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
jvloman
Message 5 of 5 (422 Views)

09-12-2013 03:47 PM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Thanks Constantin. Very helpful. I had to undo some joining that I had inadvertantly done before it would accept the correct way you had stated. 

I appreciate it! You've saved me from a lot more headache and strain!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube