Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit.INI location failure for the 2012 Roombook Extension Installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
_rhenley
626 Views, 2 Replies

Revit.INI location failure for the 2012 Roombook Extension Installation

Error:

Key "DataLibraryLocations" was not found in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2012\Program\revit.ini" ...

Clearly the 2012 version of roombook is not aware that the INI file location and use has been changed.

Roombook2012-INIFailure.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.duell
in reply to: _rhenley

Are you able to elaborate on the steps you took to generate the error message?  Does Roombook launch at all?

I was able to launch and run some calculations in Revit 2012 64-Bit with the 64-Bit Roombook installer.

Also, I would try right-clicking on the Revit shortcut > Run as Administratorto see if the results are the same when attempting to launch Roombook 2012.

If you can provide the steps to generate the message it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 3
_rhenley
in reply to: ryan.duell

Well I installed this like one does with any other software with full administrative rights to do so.

And actually it was quite easy for me to cause this error message to occur. That dialog is however misleading, when looking at the installer log file for instance I see this error:

Key "DataLibraryLocations" was not found in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2012\Program\UserDataCache\revit.ini".Start Revit once (it will create revit.ini) and then start again Roombook for Revit Architecture 2012 (x64) installation.
MSI (c) (D4!B4) [17:38:02:911]: Product: Roombook for Revit Architecture 2012 (x64) -- Key "DataLibraryLocations" was not found in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2012\Program\UserDataCache\revit.ini".Start Revit once (it will create revit.ini) and then start again Roombook for Revit Architecture 2012 (x64) installation.

The problem was that while the "DataLibraryLocations" key was in both INI files (the local user, and the UDC version), which means that this is a bogus error message, the key was not located after the '[Directories]'  section tag in either INI file. So the installtion fails with the wrong error message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report