Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Handover Received - SHARED PARAMETERS HELP

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Piestar
555 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Handover Received - SHARED PARAMETERS HELP

So me and my company have received a Revit file as part of a handover.
We've got full access to the data and are trying to edit a few things and I have a few questions:

- There are a number of SHARED parameters within the file
      - There is no shared parameter file - can i create one using the shared parameters already present?
      - Can I edit these shared parameters in any way? (Name, type of field to text from number for example)

Regards,

Piestar

Using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014

[ Piestar // Interested in all things Revit & BIM ]
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BIMgirl
in reply to: Piestar

You can export the shared parameters by selecting it and going to "Modify" > "Export" (either in a schedule or through the dialog box from the Manage panel).
I'm afraid you need to repeat this for each parameter, though there might be tools / apps out there which allow you bulk operations. (?)
The exported parameters will be stored in the shared parameters file selected under Manage > Shared Parameters, so it may be wise to create a clean one first before you start exporting.
The shared parameters are defined not only by the name, but also by a GUID stored in the Shared parameters file and in the project itself, therefore you must be careful when deleting / recreating them.
It's not possible to change a shared parameter after it has been created and added to a project, it may be easier to create a new one according to your needs!
Lejla Secerbegovic - Architect and Revit Expert
http://bim-me-up.com
Message 3 of 3
Piestar
in reply to: BIMgirl

Great help, thanks for the reply (Y)

[ Piestar // Interested in all things Revit & BIM ]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report