Revit Architecture

shawn.t.jones
Message 1 of 4 (1,567 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit Exporting to dwfx for Design Review

1567 Views, 3 Replies
02-17-2011 07:47 AM

Hi, I am currently trying to export models into dwfx format for design review and freewheel. However, I have a problem opening the dwfx files that are 16,000 kb in size or higher. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem, or how to make the file smaller in Revit.

Employee
ryan.duell
Message 2 of 4 (1,546 Views)

Re: Revit Exporting to dwfx for Design Review

02-18-2011 12:31 PM in reply to: shawn.t.jones

Is Design Review simply hanging on attempted DWF \ DWFX open?  I have seen this for larger files or very complex files.  An issue was previously logged with the development team for review and is still active.

I would try hiding any elements that are not essential for the DWF export, especially any very large links or anything far from the origin.  Only the visible elements will be excluded with the exported file so this should reduce the file size.  You can verify if the same issues occurs when you attempt to open the DWF.

Please let us know if this issue should persist.

Thank you, 

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

fvergote
Message 3 of 4 (1,118 Views)

01-26-2012 11:22 AM in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi,

we are having the same problems with our plans, especially with the colour schemes. (large hospital building 100000m² in total)   However its not always the same plan.  Is there a solution? What can we do to avoid the problem?

taniabarreira
Message 4 of 4 (186 Views)

03-26-2014 08:30 AM in reply to: shawn.t.jones

Hello!

When you export from revit to DWFx you can see the layers in dwfx file?

I export the file and I can open it, but the layers are not visible.
Do you know how can I make them visible?

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube