Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit DB Link Import

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
PGibson1969
265 Views, 0 Replies

Revit DB Link Import

Hello, I've been googling and searching for a while but cannot find any best practices for using Revit DB Link Import.  I have exported my model to SQL Server express (2014) and am looking at a proof of concept for helping the document control people at my company automate their processes and improve our quality.  I have a system that adds sheets to our master document database, and want to feed the database Unique Identifier back into revit in a sheet parameter field (just in case the sheet element id is not stable).

My worry is that importing to my local file while others are also working might cause some problems.  Does anyone do an import in an environment where there are multiple people working on the same model who might have some insight into some best practices?  Should I do the export/change/import when there is no one else making changes in order to ensure consistency in the time gap between export and re-import?

Thanks for any insights . . . Paul

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report