Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Construction Template not Compatible with Navisworks?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LisaDrago
1568 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Construction Template not Compatible with Navisworks?

Okay - here is the scenario... I have had 2 different clients from 2 different company contact me about this...

They are trying to pull in a 2014 Revit file into 2014 Navisworks. When they do - nothing is visible of the Revit model in Navisworks.

If we create a new Revit project file using the architectural template, copy the model from the existing project and then open it in Navisworks - everything shows up.

I am seeing this consistently with the construction template in Revit - any thoughts on what could be different that Navisworks is not seeing?

I will be also posting this in the Navisworks forum - just wanted to know if you had any ideas that I may be missing...

Thanks!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi, Lisa, it´s not clear in your post what method the clients are using to bring the Revit project into Navisworks. Are they doing Open > .rvt file , or Append > .nwc file ? I made a test, and when I do it with Open > .rvt file, I don't see the project in Navis. If, instead, I export the model from Revit to .nwc , and use the Append method in Navis, then I can see the project. I exported from Revit from the default {3d} view, and the default Navisworks settings were set to "current view".

As a side note: the Construction template is full of phases. If the user is not familiar with the usage of phases and phase filters, it is very easy to get lost, and put things in the wrong phase, therefore, causing some results that are confusing. That might be playing a role in this, if they are using the Open > rvt method.

Hope it helps.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hello Alfredo - we were just using the Open to bring the Revit file in.

I looked and I don't have the plug-in to export as a .nwd. is this something we need to install seperately? I would assume that my clients do not have this either.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 7
BIMologist_

You have to Install Navis AFTER Revit install to get the exporters, otherwise you need to rerun setup and install the exporters or download just the exporters from Adesk website. The exporters are hidden under External Tools. As Alfredo Mentioned: the Phases are probably what causing this issue you are having. I am not sure how Navisworks handles Phasing in Revit Files.

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 5 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

I didn't say .nwd, but .nwc. Big R > Export > NWC  (try from the {3D} view in Revit). Then in Navisworks do Append > the .nwc file.

2-26-2014 2-48-35 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7
LisaDrago

Sorry Alfredo - just a miss type on my part...

I will look into getting this installed.

Thanks!
LD

Message 7 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hello Alfredo and BIMologist1 - I was able to get the exporters installed and working.

Thank you very much for your help.

I didn't even look for that since Revit can 'natively' go into Navisworks.

Thanks again for your help!

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report