Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit CRASH

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jdiaz
950 Views, 10 Replies

Revit CRASH

Why Revit 2014 is asking for more memory..... I have 8Gb, and when I open a small file, it works for a bit and then says it's running out of memory, and if I keep working then it crashes.....;(

What wrong.....

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DannyHubbard
in reply to: jdiaz

What version of Windows are you working with?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
jdiaz

Windows 7 Ultimate...
Why?
Message 4 of 11
DannyHubbard

Then the question is are you using Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

A 32-bit operating system will only use 2GB of memory (can be made to use up to 3GB) regardless of how much memory is installed in the computer, thus you are more likely to see warnings you are running low on virtual memory and resulting crashes.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1060354
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1060353

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 11
jdiaz

I know but thats no my case... Mine has Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 8gb ram, and a SSD 120gb. It has to do with the software because Revit 2013 works fine.

Thanks..
Message 6 of 11
4cornersDesign

I want to know if you ever resolved this. I have Win7 Ultimate, 64 Bit, 8GB of ram and Revit has always worked well for me. Recently I installed Revit 2014 and it always gives me this out of memory message. I tried installing revit 2014 on another computer I have WITH 32GB OF RAM, and still I got this out of memory message.

Does anyone know how to solve this. Unfortunately, I've already opened my projects in 2014 so now I can't go back to 2013?

Message 7 of 11
jdiaz
in reply to: 4cornersDesign

What I ended up doing was, download Revit 2014 from Autodesk as a trial and then activate it. It's working a lot better than before. It looks like when it's downloaded from Autodesk site, it downloads extra files.

Regarding going back to Revit 2013 after open a project, Yes, you could go back as long as you don't save it using 2014.

J. Diaz
Ross & Baruzzini
MIA North Terminal Development
Program Management Team
PDS Assistant Designer
Field Engineering

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

RESTRICTED - PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
The information contained in this electronic message and/or attachment(s) may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the recipient of this electronic message and/or attachment(s) is not the intended recipient, the recipient is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this electronic message and/or attachment(s) is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message and/or attachment(s) in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete the electronic message and/or attachment(s).
Message 8 of 11
4cornersDesign

Well, I can't go back to 2013 as I did save the files while I was in 2014. I will try downloading trial as you say, and see if that works.

This is really weird given that every version I've worked with before never exhibited this behavior. Could it be a memory leak bug or something?

Message 9 of 11
jdiaz
in reply to: 4cornersDesign

It has to do something with This version of Revit. It uses a lot of memory. You have to keep closing all the opened views...
I hope they develop a patch for this version A.S.A.P

J. Diaz
Ross & Baruzzini
MIA North Terminal Development
Program Management Team
PDS Assistant Designer
Field Engineering

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

RESTRICTED - PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
The information contained in this electronic message and/or attachment(s) may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the recipient of this electronic message and/or attachment(s) is not the intended recipient, the recipient is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this electronic message and/or attachment(s) is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message and/or attachment(s) in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete the electronic message and/or attachment(s).
Message 10 of 11
4cornersDesign

I hope so too. I have tried the closing window tactic, but it has limited success. Eventually, I still run out. Given that this happens on my 32GB machine too, it is most disturbing....and frustrating.

Message 11 of 11

Hey guys,

I downloaded the trial version of Revit 2014 (not Revit Architecture which is what I've always used) and guess what...no memory issues?

So either my Revit Architecture install got fouled, the file itself was corrupt, or RA2014 has a built in bug?

Either way, at least I know its not my machines!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report