Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Beginner - More Questions

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
damo3
573 Views, 8 Replies

Revit Beginner - More Questions

I have created various "blue" levels to create my single storey model. I have created a new level above my model so i have a "Roof Plan" view.

1. Is this the right way to do it? I have a level in my elevations now that doesnt mean anything.

2. Why when i am in this view are my roof boundaries and gutters shown dashed, but in any other view, they are solid?

3. Reset to Crop and Reset to 3D Extents. How can i configure these boundaries? It is creating very large viewports when drawing these views on to sheets.

4. When placing an elevation tag for interiors the default view scale is 1:100. how can i set this to be 1:50 by default when the view is created?

5. Why do my section tags appear different on my RCP to how i have set them up in my floor plan. they were only created in the floor plan to begin with. Do i have to manually fix there extents in each view now??

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
vector2
in reply to: damo3

It's not easy getting started understanding how you think.

You've got a one level building and two levels by default. Why not

put the roof on level 2?

Images of what you are asking about would help too.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 3 of 9
parveen.revit

1.No, You have used completely wrong methodology (by creating multiple levels), for a single storey building, only 2 levels are required, only thing you should do is to adjust the height of floor (gap between two blue symbols in elevation or section view)

2. Remember any Architectural floor plan cuts the building at 1200 mm (default) from its respective level, You can rename two levels as Ground and First/Roof floor.

3. You can control Crop boundary size by selecting and editing size crop properties by entering different values.

4. By default Elevation view is created at the same scale as of the floor plan where you are placing the elevation symbol. If you want to change scale, you can change it from Options Bar ( at the bottom of ribbon) and can place all elevation (interior or exterior) at the desired/defined scale.

5. Section tag appears same on all respective (plans, ceiling plans), but if you change it manually in one view, it won't adjust automatically in other views. Either you have to adjust it in all views or you can place a new section tag with appropriate size (only if you have not done any annotation in previous section)

P.S. : Go through the tutorials before jumping direct into actual project.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 4 of 9
damo3

thanks parv. I should eleaborate and mention my single storey building technically has a clerestorey, so strickly speaking I do have another level I need to document. However I have worked it out.

4. Could you elaborate a little on the steps? I am having trouble reproducing what you have mentioned. View tab > Elevation > interior elevaiton from properties. At this point, can i change the default scale it is about to set BEFORE i place all my interior elevation tags? or must I place them all, then select all the tags and change the scale from properties? Are there not settings in Revit under interior elevations to set the scale to be 1:50??

I hope revit doesnt think it is smarter than i am 😉  haha.

p.s. i realised my scope box had an effect on my sections. They have corrected themselves now. cheers.

Message 5 of 9
parveen.revit

ok, so you have a clerestorey (it was not mentioned in earlier message), then you can create one more level with named as Clerestorey Level.

4. Yes, You can select appropriate scale befoe placing all interior elevations (better to place them all in one go). by default elevations are drawn at similar scale to plan where these symbols are placed.

Scope box will of course have an impact on the section tags.

I hope you understand it better now.

P.S. : you seems to be quick learner. 🙂

Message 6 of 9
damo3
in reply to: parveen.revit

thanks parv, just having trouble finiding where to go to change the scale, before placing the internal elevation tag??

Message 7 of 9
parveen.revit

see attached image for more clarity.

Message 8 of 9
damo3

haha rookie mistake, i looked everywhere except the first place i should of looked! thanks again.

Message 9 of 9
parveen.revit

you are quick learner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report