Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture and Archvision

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mmatthews
952 Views, 9 Replies

Revit Architecture and Archvision

I have Revit Architecture 2013. I also have Archvision so that I can insert RPC objects into my project. (people, cars, plants, trees, etc.). I have just started using the "Autodesk Render In The Cloud" to render views from my projects and found out that the cloud renderer will not show these objects. (very disappointed) The cloud renderer will render a view of mine in about 10 minutes whereas the Revit renderer will take about 3 hours.There are a few RPC objects that come with the Revit program  but not nearly enough. One car (VW Beetle) a few men and women (no kids) and a good many trees and shrubs (these were all made for Autodesk by Archvision). Autodesk really needs to work with Archvision to implement the use of all Archvision objects for the Autodesk cloud renderings.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vector3
in reply to: mmatthews

Welcome to the forum Matthews.

You are right about needing more RPC objects.

Amazingly the program provides more than enough

trees and shrubs, but that's it.

And look at Archvision requiring an arm and a leg

for the rest. lol

You can render just the building and then take that

into Photoshop and put all the entourage on it you want.

But unless you are really really good with Photoshop,

it's not so good, And I just don't think doing that is

practical anyway.

So you are just going to have to give them one of 

your arms for a couple of cars, and a leg for the kids.

As for cloud rendering, sorry I know nothing about

how that works.

Message 3 of 10
mmatthews

The Autodesk 360 Cloud Rendering process is amazing. You upload your view from Revit. Set a few parameters and start the rendering and sit and watch it render best in about 7 to 10 minutes. It takes Revit about 3 hours to render the same view. We have the Autodesk subscription and that allows us to use the service. Revit Architecture 2013 has a tab on the ribbon under view that says " Render to cloud" when you upload your view it asks you to sign in to subscription with your user name and password. Mike Matthews Cunningham, Forehand, Matthews, & Moore Architects, Inc. 2011 Manchester St. Atlanta, Georgia 30324 Ph. 404 873 2152 Fax: 404 872 3688 Email: mmatthews@cfmm.net
Message 4 of 10
vector3

So you don't think my computer can render as fast as Cloud Rendering?

I can render set on best in about 6 min.

Message 5 of 10
mmatthews

Not if you are using interior sun and artificial lighting on a very complicated view. Mike Matthews Cunningham, Forehand, Matthews, & Moore Architects, Inc. 2011 Manchester St. Atlanta, Georgia 30324 Ph. 404 873 2152 Fax: 404 872 3688 Email: mmatthews@cfmm.net
Message 6 of 10
vector3

I'll make that bet with you.

But just to help you out, I will suggest you ask

somebody how fast is a two socket board with

i7 Tri-Gate transistors.

Message 7 of 10
mmatthews
in reply to: vector3

Thanks for the info. I'll check into it. Sent from my iPad
Message 8 of 10
yuejuan.dong

Thanks for using Autodesk 360 Rendering. Welcome to send us your feedback about cloud rendering here: http://feedback.autodesk.com/cloudservices/products/cloudservices_project_neon

We can only render RPCs that are part of the Revit release. All others do not have a license to be rendered on the cloud. 
It's not a technical issue. 
The license is being discussed, but it's taking longer than what we thought.

Thanks,

Sally 

Message 9 of 10
ryukyo

"It's not a technical issue. 
The license is being discussed, but it's taking longer than what we thought."

Yeah, no kidding.  It's ridiculous that Archvision hasn't gotten this figured out yet.  Their product is essentially useless without cloud rendering compatibility.  The other part that I don't understand is that if Autodesk is going to purposefully block Archvision's content, then why not release more RPC families themselves?  Even if we have to pay for them, at least they would be available. 

Message 10 of 10
rmitchell88
in reply to: yuejuan.dong

Has the licensing been resolved. I'm in 2015 revit and still have this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report