Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Revit Architecture Training and Certification

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Alan.Mick
314 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Architecture Training and Certification

I've just graduated with a Bachelor of Architecture and I've been using Revit Architecture in my studio projects for some time - so it's on my resume. But I would like to solidify this skill through training and certification. I'm interested in self-directed training, for instance, on my home computer, that is directed toward preparing for the certificationtesting. I think that would be a good plus on my resume.

Does anyone have any advice on a good self-directed computer / print training program or book that is directed towards preparing for the certification test? THANKS!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Alan.Mick

You could start at Autodesk's training and certification web page.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=14238661

I'd place getting some practical project experience ahead of passing a certification test. Passing a test won't make you ready for real projects but working on a real project will prepare you for passing a test.

The books from Wiley/Sybex are authorized training materials. The products from Ascent are geared toward to exercise based training sessions. Paul Aubin's books and videos would be a good choice. The products from Infinite Skills too. There is a ton of stuff on You Tube and many blogs to read. In short there is far more stuff out there than you have time for šŸ˜‰

Review as much as you can and don't feel like you can't have more than one book on the Revit shelf in your personal library.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 3

The books and videos are great but they are in a perfect world where everything just works out. As Steve mentioned, your best training is to put projects together. This is how you find out what's not covered in the training materials and overcoming that is makes you valuable. I spend much of my time just trying things. Trying to find new solutions and approaches to problems. 

Much success...

David William Edwards

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report