Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture: Saving a file to an earlier software file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
559 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Architecture: Saving a file to an earlier software file

I have recently completed some work for a university assignment and have been asked to save the file from what is currently 2011 to an earlier format for revit architecture. Specifically 2009 but 2010 being acceptable. I have no idea how to do this and I have a short extension, i have currently got the trial version of revit architecture 2011. Is there any way you can help me in specifying how to save it to the earlier software formats??

Please Help!!

Rachel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

you can't save back

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

yes you can export the 2011 file to IFC and then open it with 2009..
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If your sure this will work and my tutor excepts the files...thank you beyond words can describe!!

Message 5 of 5
Jillian.Bejtlich

Rachel,

As Darren P said, Revit doesn't give users the ability to save back and it isn't backwards compatible.

However, I'd recommend using some caution with exporting to IFC and then re-importing into 2009. IFC will only bring over geometry, and in some cases it will appear even more simplified than what you originally designed. To get some more information on how IFC works, please see the help files, specifically the article at: Revit Architecture 2011 User Assistance > Document the Project > Share the Design > Export > Exporting to Industry Foundation Classes (IFC)

If you have any other questions, let us know!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report