Revit Architecture

tjcrankine
Message 1 of 1 (228 Views)

Revit Architecture Failing to install

228 Views, 0 Replies
12-20-2012 04:12 AM

I have been having problems installing my Revit Architecture for a few days now and have been on here and looking around a few more forums looking for a possible solution. When I try to install, the window immediately comes back staying that items failed to install (all of them) and I get this error message in the log

USER-PC Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Revit 2013\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2005\vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /T:C:\Windows\temp /c:"VCREDI~3.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v C:\Users\User#\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2005.log"" "
2012/12/20:12:00:46 User# USER-PC Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

the solution I have seen for this is to delete all of the Visual C++ 2005 i have on my computer, I did that and same result. then I saw somewhere else that I had to uninstall all of the Visual C++ 2010 and have doen that with the same result as well. I do have multiple versions of the Visual C++ 2008 but am unsure what programs they were all tied to hence why I am hesitant to delete them.

Is that what I have to do or is there another solution for this problem?

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube