Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2015 UR1 Patch error

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
BIMologist_
4142 Views, 29 Replies

Revit Architecture 2015 UR1 Patch error

Revit Architecture 2015 UR1 Patch error when you download the Patch during the installation. I have created a support ticket with adesk. Is anyone else getting this?

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
DarrenP
in reply to: BIMologist_

i didn't try to download it i wanted to use the application manager

the application manager isn't finding it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 30

Darren

I'm investigating why this update is not immediately available in App Manager but you can force it to show up by exiting App Manager, waiting about five minutes and then restarting it.

Nauman

Could you let us know the error you encountered while trying to apply the update through the install UI?  Also, if you could post a copy of your install log file, that would be very helpful.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 4 of 30
DarrenP
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

@Tony.michniewicz wrote:

Darren

I'm investigating why this update is not immediately available in App Manager but you can force it to show up by exiting App Manager, waiting about five minutes and then restarting it.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

this worked

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 30
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

is there any way to find out what Update 1 fixes?

it doesn't say anywhere

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 30
DarrenP

nevermind

i found the link in the read me

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 30

here are the logs from the deployment creation

BIMologist / Dr. Revit

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 8 of 30

I cannot attach anything to my posts. just realized the image did not attach either got the error creating deployment in win 8.1 and in a VM just installing it using installer see image in zip https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2595791/Autodesk%20Revit%20Architecture%202015%20Setupvm.zip https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2595791/4-11-2014%201-22-40%20PM.jpg

BIMologist / Dr. Revit

EESignature

Message 9 of 30
BIMologist_

So I followed and downloaded the exe and extracted msp and tried to include from drive . Still getting the error. I just got the DVD today and used that to install and no error. The issue is with the downloaded binary sfx file / extracted . I re-extracted the downloaded compressed file and it gave me the error. If I use the DVD files (copied to network even) no error) I downloaded from this URL http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/REVIT/DLM/Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2015_English_Win_64bi... just FYI . Some files on DVD have different time stamps then the downloaded sfx

BIMologist / Dr. Revit

EESignature

Message 10 of 30

OK, I see the problem now.  Physical media for Revit 2015 contains build 20140223_1515, which does not include update release 1.  This is why the update works properly if you are installing from the DVD or USB.  Electronic downloads (Install Now, Download Now and Browser Download) for Revit 2015 contains build 20140322_1515, which already includes update release 1.  Consequently, attempts to add the update to these installations will fail.

The real problem is that the installer and Application Manager are both showing that there is an update available for build 20140322_1515, which is not the case.  I'll start looking into this issue and hopefully we can resolve it quickly.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 11 of 30
DarrenP
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

i ran into this to

i'm sure the 2015 suites will have this issue

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 30
DarrenP

i just installed revit 2015 from the building design 2015 ultimate installed from the browser download

this is the build number for it: 20140223_1515(x64)

it does not include update 1

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 30
narlee

I downloaded Revit (from Premium Suite) electronically and have build 20140223_1515(x64), not the later one Tony refers to. I opened the Application Manager and it said I was up to date....?

Message 14 of 30
narlee
in reply to: narlee

I thought I had rebooted but I had not. DOH! Now it's updated (thanks)

Message 15 of 30
narlee

So one of my machines did not automatically open the App Manager upon reboot. The Revit Suite installation had mentioned that I was missing some "connection" file, but I ignored the warning (of course!) because I had not installed all the Suite software & figured "oh it'll be fine." I have some older Revits on that machine & and older App Manager, so I don't know if that was part of the problem. I could not find the new App Manager or the Update Release 1 online. But I did find the (newest) App Manager (only by getting it's location properties from my first machine), opened and ran it successfully. It's in a 62MB folder located at C://Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Autodesk Shared/AppManager/R1/AdAppMgr.exe. Once that's executed, it actually updates to Application Manager version 2.2, which then run brings up Revit Update Release 1.

Message 16 of 30
BIMologist_

The issue is that I installed BDSP last night from the USB key. I downloaded and included the UR1 update within the installer. worked fine. (older build) today I get a message from Application Manager that there is an update available. you download the update nad the update says it is not needed.

BIMologist / Dr. Revit

EESignature

Message 17 of 30
Tony_Michniewicz

Good morning everyone

I'll start with the good news, which is that those of you that are installing Revit from the Building Design Suite are actually seeing the correct build.  In my last post, I failed to differentiate between Revit as a standalone product and Revit as part of the Building Design Suite.  Here is a more accurate explanation of the current situation.

• Physical media (DVD or USB) for Revit 2015 (as a standalone product) contains build 20140223_1515, which does not include update release 1.
  • Electronic downloads (Install Now, Download Now and Browser Download) of Revit 2015 (as a standalone product) contain build 20140322_1515, which include update release 1.
  • All installations of Revit 2015 as part of the Building Design Suite are build 20140223_1515, which does not include update release 1.

I hope this helps to clarify the different builds of Revit 2015 that are currently available.  Also, we are still investigating the problem in which update release 1 is listed as an applicable update for Revit 2015 installations that include build 20140322_1515.

And one last note in regards to narlee's post.  If an active internet connection is available during the installation of App Manager, it will check for and install the latest version of App Manager.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 18 of 30

Tony Please see this post also. you mentioned investigating the part that includes the UR1 . this post is in regards to APp manage showing the patch even though it was installed during install of BDSP. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Application-manager-shows-Revit-2015-UR1-update-eve...

BIMologist / Dr. Revit

EESignature

Message 19 of 30
tskramer

OK, well this is unfortunate...here's my scenario. I downloaded the BDSU from the Subscription site...which is supposed to contain UR1...and am installing everything now. However, I chose to deselect the option to install UR1 at the same time. As a matter of policy, I always install the core product first, and install service packs later. This typically allows for quicker installation times, and better overall success. Now that I've kicked off the process, I realize that the UR1 doensn't seem to be available as a separate download. My questions now are:

1) Is UR1 available for download and I'm just not finding it?

2) Will the Live Update realize the product needs to be patched and allow me to update it that way?

3) Is it really necessary in the first place?

Thanks in advance!

Message 20 of 30
Tony_Michniewicz

To clarify, all installation of the Building Design Suite will include the original build of Revit 2015 and not the UR1 build.  The only installers that include the UR1 build of Revit 2015 are the electronic downloads for Revit as a standalone product (aka not part of a suite).

1. UR1 is currently not available for download from the Autodesk website but it should be in the near future.  Until then, you should be able to download the installer from here.

2. Live Update is gone in 2015 and has been replaced by Application Manager.  This is a separate application that runs outside of Autodesk products and it should identify UR1 as an available update to your Revit installation.

3. UR1 contains major fixes to improve data integrity so we are highly recommending that everyone install this update.\

Hope this information helps!!

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report