Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2013 Rendering Issue: Render doesn't show up

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ryanbritz
6343 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Architecture 2013 Rendering Issue: Render doesn't show up

Hello, I am having a problem where every time I try to render an image in Revit Architecture 2013, the image only shows up black. All of the main graphics and rendering options are still set to their installation defaults, and I have tried reinstalling the program, but nothing has worked. I've included an attachment of what comes up whenever I try to render an image, and what I am trying to render. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
vector3
in reply to: ryanbritz

Hi Ryan, welcome to this Revit forum.

The reason it's dark in that bathroom is because there is

no light on in there.

Message 3 of 8
LisaDrago

Vector is right - you can see that the dialog box shows there are no artificial lights and no daylight portals. 

So there is no light source to light up the area.

Put some lights/windows and you should be able to see something - other then the dark!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 8
ryanbritz
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks Vector and Lisa, but there's only one problem to that theory... right now I've been rendering the building with no roof or ceiling, and that is how it's turning out. Smiley Tongue
The white in the top corner of the screen is not ceiling, that's blank white "oblivion" model space. And secondly, the frame on the far wall actually is a window. The program used to render fine a little while ago the last time I tried, but I had to update my Graphics driver a bit ago because apparently it wasn't up to date and was causing the 3D model views to crash all the time. Now I tried to render again last night, but have run into this problem. I don't really think it's the driver's fault, because after all, why would having the graphics updated make the renders stop working? That just seems kind of backwards to me, haha. Do you guys have any other ideas that might explain it, unless it is in fact the graphics driver?

Message 5 of 8
LisaDrago

Where is the sun placement? What are your sun setting at? Do  you have the right location, right date and time?

Those will also make a difference. I have added 2 images - one at noon and the other at midnight - you can see the shadow difference.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 6 of 8
ryanbritz

Oh my..... I feel really stupid right now, I found out what was wrong.... it seems I somehow managed to move the camera sometime in between my renders so that it was INSIDE the door of the bathroom, but I was still able to see into the bathroom itself perfectly fine in model space. The black screen I was seeing was Revit rendering the inside of the door. xD
Well, anyways, thanks for taking the time to try and help me out with this, I really appreciate it! Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 8
to.manasi

Thanks a ton. I am learning revit and was trying to render my first project and was struggling with this black image for over a week. Replacing the camera solve it !!!

Message 8 of 8
mer.rdsc

hi have a good day!
i have a problem on rendering, its rendering in just 10 % even in draft quality.
its not happened before. thanks please help me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report