Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2013 Materials Library

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
khampson
11276 Views, 33 Replies

Revit Architecture 2013 Materials Library

When I try to modify a family Material, the Material library screens pop up, but if I touch anything on them Revit 2013 crashes. 

This happened in a project I upgraded from Revit 2012 & from a project I started from the OOTB Architectural Project (I only inserted one family) and it still crashed when editing the Materials. I tried different families as well.

Is Revit 2013 incompatible with 2012 & 2010 Revit Materials?

Since Revit is not backward compatible I have to recreate this work in 2012 to render anything!

33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34

@angelica.rodriguez wrote:

before making them available. Loyal users end up being part of the testing process; costing us time and money. 

I have a small project that has no deadlines on Revit 2013. But I still

build models like crazy with RAC 2011.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 22 of 34
Soulspace1
in reply to: khampson

thanks Kim

I will try this as well

Message 23 of 34

Hi Angelica

In may case my machine is a stand alone machine not using networked files, and I am certainly having problems!

Message 24 of 34
nhatzi
in reply to: Soulspace1

Obviously the new material editor is the cause of this issue, I think Autodesk need to address it and provide a fix. On a positive note, I have been playing with the new material editor format and think its better than rvt 2012. I do like how you can apply the same appearance swatch to multiple materials, definetly a time saver! I am also liking the "reality" view mode in 2013, and finally there's a use for RCP content! Although autodesk could include better looking content and don't get me started on the material palettes, just awful! Keep faith... Nick HatziIMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. All contents are the copyright property of SJB, its agencies or a client of such agencies. If you are not the intended recipient, you are nevertheless bound to respect the worldwide legal rights of SJB, its agencies and its clients. We require that unintended recipients delete the e-mail and destroy all electronic copies in their system, retaining no copies in any media. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail to [helpdesk@sjb.com.au] and by phone: +61 3 9699 6688. We appreciate your cooperation. Please consider the environment before printing this email. _________________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by ClearEmail For more information please visit http://www.clearemail.net/mx _________________________________________________________________________
Message 25 of 34
vector2
in reply to: nhatzi

@Anonymous wrote:
"finally there's a use for RCP content! Although autodesk could include better looking content"
Do you mean RPC content? If so, how was there not a "use" before? And what would
be "better looking" content?

Message 26 of 34
nhatzi

oops I meant RPC, thanks.

We would prefer to use detail components for trees and entourage than RPC for elevations as they only appeared only In rendered mode only.
Some people might like the look of the standard RPC that comes with Revit, it would nice if Autodesk update - particularly people content and Include some decent Australian trees.

Message 27 of 34
vector2
in reply to: nhatzi

You can buy more RPC trees here:

http://www.archvision.com/

Message 28 of 34
serget704

I have a lot of problems with 2013 Revit material editor, ....a lot of crash.

I think it will be better, to be able to work, to reinstall 2012 version.

Because we pay to much for delay.

I hope Autodesk will resolve this problem.

!!!!!!!

Message 29 of 34
jma2011
in reply to: vector2

We are still experiencing slow downs, crashes without the option to save a recovery, and issues with the materials editor, etc. The installation of the first service pack for Revit 2013 had no noticeable impact. It is now October and using Revit 2013 is becoming more and more frustrating and we are increasingly loosing productivity. Revit 2013 should not have been released unless it was 100% ready and there should be an option to roll back projects to an earlier version of revit as we are now locked into a version which is so problematic.

Message 30 of 34

Hello there,

It is Novermber now, and after 2 service packs Revit is still behaving badly. Crashes with the materials editor just the same as you describe.

A few weeks ago, I even contacted Autodesk Customer Support trying to find a solution for this situation. They gave me some ideas and I tried all, without any change, still crashes 95% of the times I try to use the materials editor.

You are not alone, maybe there are more people having the same problem but Autodesk is letting us down.

Message 31 of 34

I used to have the program crash with material editor constantly.  Once I uninstalled the Wacom Tablet drivers it has been running smooth.  If you use a tablet on your computer that may be the source of the problem.

MP

Message 32 of 34

Thanks MichaelPennyMP1, but we don't have tablets and we have disabled the drivers of the Wacom anyway. 5 computers working in a local network, same software, fresh  I can honestly say we have tried everything!

Message 33 of 34

Hi avery one!

To resolve the problem, I must replace my computer by a new one as described below:

HP - Élite Book - 8760W portable workstation, i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20 Ghz - four cores,

16G ram,

160 gb SSD drive

and 720Gb - 7,200 drive.

Window's 7 Pro - 64 bits.

Graphich card NVIDIA Quadro 3000M certified Autodesk 2GB memory

A complete new installation!

I had to pay a lot to be able to work properly!

Result:

All performe correctly, no more problem with material library crash.

Material replacement is allways 'slow' but positive.

I hope Autodesk will add a pacht to upgrade the performance.

Best regards! (from Quebec, Canada )

Message 34 of 34
Luigi.Coletta.SG

We've been crashing as well...always related to Materials.  it's been frustrating...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report