Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2012 install problem windows 8

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
d.plumb333
2190 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Architecture 2012 install problem windows 8

I am trying to downlad Revit architectur 2012 for windows 8, and am having some problems. It downloads to my computer, but as it is installing, it says 3 things failed to download. Thoes three things are the only 3 that need to download. Has anyone else had this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jason_S
in reply to: d.plumb333

@d.plumb333 wrote:

I am trying to downlad Revit architectur 2012 for windows 8, and am having some problems. It downloads to my computer, but as it is installing, it says 3 things failed to download. Thoes three things are the only 3 that need to download. Has anyone else had this problem?

I would look here for the latest info on products being able to run on windows 8.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

I have Revit 2012 and Revit 2013 running on at least 10 computers and counting with Windows 8. 

How are you downloading it and running the install?  Are you sure the download doesn't time out before completing?

Message 3 of 6
d.plumb333
in reply to: Jason_S

I'm downloading it through the browser. I am using google chrome. Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 6
Jason_S

I download it (using IE10) by doing a browser download and saving to it to the local desktop. Then run the installer, which wants to extract all the data to a place somewhere on the computer.  I create a folder and place the extracted data there.  Then I run the Setup.exe from there.

I have not tried the Google download method.  I will try that over the weekend to see if or how it differs from IE10 on Windows 8.

Message 5 of 6
d.plumb333
in reply to: Jason_S

Okay ill try that and see what happens Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 6
emmanuel

I can't seem to find the post thread to thank the person who posted it; while Revit 2012 and 2013 are not supported on Wndows 8, the solution for me seemed to be to enable the .Net Framework 3.5 in windows 8.  I tried Revit 2012, 2013 and 2014 and they all failed until I enabled the .Net Framework.  I have a lot of projects in 2012 and a client who insists on 2012 so it was critical to me to get that working, otherwise I would have had to reformat my laptop to Windows 8 to reinstall verson 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report