Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2009 Stopped Working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
allyalaina
384 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Architecture 2009 Stopped Working

Good afternoon,

I recently started a job and, unfortunately, the company's Revit Architecture 2009 software stopped working last week. It always crashes at the initial startup. When I try to run the program, a dialog box, shown below, pops up and prompts users to close Revit. When I contacted Autodesk Technical Support, I was told that Autodesk no longer provides support for older versions of Revit and a upgrade is the best choice or I can search forums for possible solutions. Even with a discount, upgrading to Revit 2015 is out of our budget and I have been unlucky with viewing previous threads in forums. Is there another possible solution to this issue? 

Autodesk Revit Dialog.png

Here is basic information regarding the work computer that I am using. HP Z200 Workstation, 32-bit operating system, Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @292 GHz, installed RAM Memory: 6.00 GB (2.99GD usable), and Windows 7 Professional.

If you need more information, please let me know. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ess_g
in reply to: allyalaina

Hi Allyalaina

Did you do a Windows update (or maybe your PC is set to Auto Update) - if so that could be the problem as it was def for me. Updates installed this morning at startup and when I went to open REVIT got exactly the same message. Tried everything else and just kept happening. Went to Controll pannel and un-installed all the updates and Revit opened no problem. Will now re-intall  the updates one at a time and see which one is the culprit

Cheers

Ess

Message 3 of 4
allyalaina
in reply to: ess_g

Hello Ess_g,

Thank you very much; your solution definitely worked! I will reinstall the updates to see which one is imcompatible with Revit. Once again thank you!

Message 4 of 4
ess_g
in reply to: allyalaina

Hi Allyalaina..its KB2961072 and IE update KB2962872 🙂

Cheers

Ess

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report