Revit Architecture

eduardo.tavares
Message 1 of 4 (586 Views)

Revit Arch Export to ODBC (.mdb) Measurement Unit Problem

586 Views, 3 Replies
12-28-2010 06:55 AM

Hello to all!

So I have a model built in Revit Architecture 2011. A simple model, I would say. I generated a few schedules based on that model. Wall and wall material schedules.

I needed to export those schedules to Microsoft Access (.mbd which would be 2003 version).

It was exported successfully but for 1 problem: areas from wall material table are different from wall table. This should not happen due to the fact that wall surfaces are the same as wall finishes surfaces (obvious, right?).

Brainstorming a little bit I realized that there was a conversion factor between both areas: 10.76 which happens to be the conversion factor between squared meters and squared feet.

My question is: why did it export one table (schedule) in squared feet and the other one in squared meters? Of course that this is only my assumption. Maybe the factor is a coincidence and the problem is something else.

The fact is that Revit should export ONLY metric units to ODBC.

I have also checked my Windows Language and Region settings. Have tried Metric and U.S. options with no change.

Did any one experience such a problem?

Best regards and thank you all for patience and time,

Eduardo Tavares

jeofrey
Message 2 of 4 (277 Views)

Re: Revit Arch Export to ODBC (.mdb) Measurement Unit Problem

05-27-2012 11:57 PM in reply to: eduardo.tavares

hi. im not goin to answer ur question but maybe u can help me know the step by step procedure how you export your schedule to Microsoft access. I had installed Revit DBLink. i just couldn't get export it properly.

thanks!

Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 3 of 4 (272 Views)

05-28-2012 01:32 AM in reply to: eduardo.tavares

Eduardo,

I never experienced such a problem, but you will probably get an

answer from someone on that real quick.

I just want to say that I LOVE the way you write and think. I would

very much like to see you posting here on a regular basis. I think

you would be a star. I would sure like to see that.

Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 4 of 4 (269 Views)

05-28-2012 01:46 AM in reply to: jeofrey

Welcome aboard Jeofrey, maybe you'll be a star here too.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube