Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Arch Export to ODBC (.mdb) Measurement Unit Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eduardo.tavares
900 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Arch Export to ODBC (.mdb) Measurement Unit Problem

Hello to all!

So I have a model built in Revit Architecture 2011. A simple model, I would say. I generated a few schedules based on that model. Wall and wall material schedules.

I needed to export those schedules to Microsoft Access (.mbd which would be 2003 version).

It was exported successfully but for 1 problem: areas from wall material table are different from wall table. This should not happen due to the fact that wall surfaces are the same as wall finishes surfaces (obvious, right?).

Brainstorming a little bit I realized that there was a conversion factor between both areas: 10.76 which happens to be the conversion factor between squared meters and squared feet.

My question is: why did it export one table (schedule) in squared feet and the other one in squared meters? Of course that this is only my assumption. Maybe the factor is a coincidence and the problem is something else.

The fact is that Revit should export ONLY metric units to ODBC.

I have also checked my Windows Language and Region settings. Have tried Metric and U.S. options with no change.

Did any one experience such a problem?

Best regards and thank you all for patience and time,

Eduardo Tavares

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeofrey
in reply to: eduardo.tavares

hi. im not goin to answer ur question but maybe u can help me know the step by step procedure how you export your schedule to Microsoft access. I had installed Revit DBLink. i just couldn't get export it properly.

thanks!

Message 3 of 4
vector2
in reply to: eduardo.tavares

Eduardo,

I never experienced such a problem, but you will probably get an

answer from someone on that real quick.

I just want to say that I LOVE the way you write and think. I would

very much like to see you posting here on a regular basis. I think

you would be a star. I would sure like to see that.

Message 4 of 4
vector2
in reply to: jeofrey

Welcome aboard Jeofrey, maybe you'll be a star here too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report