Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Arch 2009 on Mac - Selecting Multiple Items

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JP-HNA
749 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Arch 2009 on Mac - Selecting Multiple Items

I have Revit installed on my new Mac via VM Ware Fusion. So far, it is working fine. But I cannot hold down the Control key to select multiple items, as I could on my PC. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JP-HNA

On VM ware i'm not sure i usde boot camp switch to XP just perfect.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

The buttons are a bit different on the MACs vs. the PCs. I forget the name but its not Control on mac, I think it is the one with the Apple on it. How does Revit work on your MAC? I am a MAC user aswell.
Message 4 of 7
JP-HNA

Thanks for your reply. I have tried every combination of buttons on my Macbook Pro, to no avail. I even went to the Apple store for a 1to1 session, and they couldn't help me.
As to how Revit works on the Mac, it's great. I installed VM Ware Fusion, so that I could install Windows, and then Revit, so it works basically the same as on a PC, with the annoying exception of this issue.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Just had new Mac Pro with 3dsMax 2015, first use and can't select multiple objects, trawled the web for answers and all the usual use alt, use cmd, ctrl/alt/cmd, nothing works?!!
If this problem has been resolved anywhere please let me know, as at the moment I have 10k worth of garbage sitting on the desk
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, I had the same issue and finally figured out how to resolve. When in VM Fusion, at the top, go to Virtual Machine pulldown menu, then Settings, then Keyboard and Mouse, then click the settings icon (under the windows version you are using) - edit profile. Then add a new keyboard mapping. I found the one that works for me is to input Option on the Mac side and Control on the Virtual Machine. See screenshot for more info.

Hope that works for others!

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 8.24.43 PM.png

Message 7 of 7
e12027478
in reply to: Anonymous

thank you very much!!! really helped me a lot!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report