Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 6 doesn't like openGL acceleration?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
beartoe
213 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 6 doesn't like openGL acceleration?

When I launch Revit 6.1 on my laptop with "ancient" specs, (i.e. 800mhz P3, ATI Rage Mobility), I get the following message:

"Revit has detected that pre-highlighting performance is inadequate. The problem may be caused by a conflict between your video card and operating system. if the problem persists you may want to examine Hardware acceleration settings that are found in the Display Properties dialog of Control Panel and set it to None. Alternatively you may want to reduce the screen resolution of your monitor."

This didn't happen with 5. I can make the message go away by turning off acceleration (as the message suggests), but this is a royal pain. Anyone got any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Stafford
in reply to: beartoe

Are you using the latest build of Revit 6.1? This issue, I believe, was addressed in the more recent builds.
Message 3 of 4
rmakover

I am working with the latest Revit version. Still the same problem.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Here's some tips: If you're using an ATI video card, try the latest driver; if you are already, try using previous versions. If you're using an nVidia-based card, be aware that nVidia doesn't make the cards -- only the chipsets. As a result, you have to use the manufacturer's drivers (rather than nVidia's reference drivers from their website, or even Microsoft's drivers from Windows Update) to get the best results. For instance, I have an AOpen nVidia FX5200 video card, and the nVidia reference drivers (generic drivers provided by nVidia on their website) do NOT work for Revit (as I suspected). I downloaded the drivers from AOpen's website and Revit works very well with Open GL acceleration. HTH, Wes Macaulay "rmakover" wrote in message news:32855203.1089209952264.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am working with the latest Revit version. Still the same problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report