Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 installation problems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Soulspace1
713 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2015 installation problems

I'm having problems installing Revit Building Design suite 2015. I have a USB drive with the software. The install screen asks for the product serial number and Key. I receievd these in an email from autodesk, and when I enter them the serial number does not work. I receievd a new number from my supplier.

Now I have started the install (overnight), and have come back to see that windows 7 explorer has crashed, and the suite is still installing after 8 hours.

I've been using Autodesk products since 1984, so have a LOT of experience with installing software. I was hoping this version of the suite would be a breeze, but this has become a big problem. The intent of this post is to let Autodesk know that I have had some serious problems with installation.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Paul

It is unclear what happened during your attempt to install BDS 2015.  You mentioned that installation was still going after eight hours, which may be accurate because some content needs to be downloaded during the installation process and the duration is dependent upon the speed of these downloads.  If you are still experiencing problems with your installation, it would be helpful to get a copy of your log file, which will be available in your Windows temp folder.  Also, you want to make sure that you've disable any anti-virus software prior to launching the installation to avoid any conflicts between the two.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 3

RAVIT INSTAAL PROBLEM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report