Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Point cloud created in ReCap is invisible in Revit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
glenn.roar.hoye
1234 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2015 Point cloud created in ReCap is invisible in Revit

Hello

I have some problems with linking rcp/rcs files in Revit 2015.

First thing i do is to import the Raw files in ReCap, in this project they used *.e57, it was 7 of them and a total of 20,3 gb.

Everything shows up fine in ReCap, i now clip out all the trash outside the building. And saves the project, i get now one *.rcp file and 163 *.rcs files.

Then starting a new revit project, and setting the Project Base Point of a known point in ReCap. And then i start linking my project, origin to origin. 

I can know hoover over the linked file, because its near my PBP. But i cannot se the Point Clouds. Its invisible.

Can anyone give me some tips to make this work?  i use the latest 20140606_1530(x64)

Update Release 3.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Our development team is aware of the issue and it will be fixed in Update Release 4 for Revit 2015.

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 7

Running into the same problem.

Is there any workaround available to avoid this issue?

When do you expect Update Release 4 becomes available?

Message 4 of 7

We can't say when UR4 for 2015 will be released, however when it becomes available it will appear on our Revit downloads page and usually Resellers will also announce that it is available and usually they will also have a link to our downloads page. I recommend checking the site periodically. 

Revit Downloads:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads#?sort=score

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 5 of 7

Hi all,

I had the same problem. In ReCap I created a new project from e57 files and the point cloud looks fine. After inserting the point cloud into Revit it was invisible. 

I tried to insert the same point cloud into Revit 2014 and it it works. You could also open the Revit 2014 file in Revit 2015 and the point cloud was visible. 

Maybe this helps as a workaround!

Jörg

Message 6 of 7
Tim.West
in reply to: scott.a.green

2 years on has this been sorted yet?

We are restricted to using revit 2015 for various reasons, and are unable to use point clouds from recap?

Message 7 of 7
Tim.West
in reply to: Tim.West

Then he checks his updates... Update 9 solves this issue...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report