Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Has No Architectural,Structural or Mechanical Templates

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
emaenda
3437 Views, 9 Replies

Revit 2015 Has No Architectural,Structural or Mechanical Templates

Hi everybody..

I got so excited to upgrade my Revit 2014 to Revit 2015...Installed the content libraries...Finished Installing...I hoped I would get the architecture,structure and mechanical template as the previous 2014...It wasnt there..

If there is something that went wrong with the installation..please share...I have been doing this right I have no idea why this went wrong

Revit 2015_No template.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
armandorefu
in reply to: emaenda

Same here!, I had to copy my 2014 libraries to the RVT 2015 file in order to recover these options, also the MEP families were not to be loaded as in Revit 2014, I highly recommend you to copy those files from 2014 as well. I have the students version, as a student I don't fully depend on Revit to survive, but I don't get why Autodesk is not offering any solutions to these absences, because for a real office this can mean trouble.

BTW, copying the 2014 families means to have to run the automatic update Revit does with older families, I know this is a once in a lifetime thing, but is annoying as you have to open every single family and template so 2015 Revit can use'em. ANNOYING....

Message 3 of 10
LisaDrago

Hello @emaenda  - you are able to specify what templates show up in that are under your Options>FIle Locations, I have attached an image for reference.

You can place your company template here for quick access.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 10
emaenda
in reply to: LisaDrago

I Cannot  see the image...Any help with the installation..Am getting tired of reinstalling the thing..

Message 5 of 10
DarrenP

from the help see if this works

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-851D6C9F-3E00-460D-B49E-341C22D3B9B5 

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
stuthill1106
in reply to: DarrenP

I think there's something wrong with this website's attach file process. I wanted to attach some pictures of how to do this, but as the previous person said, go to the Revit dropdown, (The big blue R in the top left corner). Go to options at the bottom. Click the File Locations tab. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out from there. Good Luck
Message 7 of 10
emaenda
in reply to: LisaDrago

It works!!!!! It works!!!!

Took me a long time to say this but the method WORKS!!!

Spoiler

Thanks!!!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
tbush

The real question is, why does it not come with the same information?

Message 9 of 10

Hi I used the method you guys mentioned but I cant seem to find the template files. I've attached a screenshot that shows that my Metric Library is empty. It is the same with US Metric and US Imperial. There are just no template files. I've even tried editing content libraries and it shows that US Metric, US Imperial and UK have been installed :S Dunno if this matters but I had revit 2015 previously installed on my laptop and this problem only occured after I uninstalled and re-downloaded the programme. I've been trying to figure this out for ages but I have gotten no where! Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

shivani

Message 10 of 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report