Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015- AnavRes.dll not found error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Fiddleheadconst
10746 Views, 9 Replies

Revit 2015- AnavRes.dll not found error

I installed a trial version of Revit 2015lt and the installation dropped the last sequence of medium (size?) families (failed to install). The program still seems to work o.k., but now when I close a new project, I get multiple notices of the .dll file not being found. I would like to purchase the program after the trial, but not if the install isn't working. Any suggestions?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Based on the error message, it is unclear which portion of your installation, Revit 2015 Content Libraries or Autodesk Material Library 2015 - Medium Image Library, failed.  I fairly certain it wasn't a problem with the Revit 2015 Content Libraries installation as its failure would result in missing content but not missing installation files.

At this point, my first suggestion would be to repair your Revit 2015 installation.  This can be accomplished by accessing the Windows Control Panel, clicking the Uninstall a program link, selecting the Revit 2015 entry and clicking Uninstall/Change.  These actions will launch the Revit mainteance process in which you should select the Repair or Reinstall option, then select the Repair option on the next page and click Repair.

If this does not resolve the problem, then I would recommend repairing the Autodesk Material Library entries, starting with the Medium Resolution Image Library because you mentioned medium in your original post.

Also, if you encounter any problems while repairing Revit or the material libraries, please gather the install log file (located in the Windows temp folder) and post them for review.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 10

I got the student verison of Revit 2015, and I'm currently have the same problem. Revit will start, but then I'll get an AnavREs.dll not found error I also that error and an adui20res.dll not found error when I close Revit 2015. The sample projects load fine, but anything else gives me a Failed to open document error. I've tried going to uninstall/change program in the controller panel, and I've repaired all of the Autodesk Material Libraries (Base, Low, & Medium). (I think it's worth mentioning that when I when to uninstall/change Revit 2015, it said it was already uninstalled and then disappeared from the list...) When I go to update the Autodesk Rivet Content Library, it just sets there and says that it's updating, even if you wait for two hours. I figure it wasn't actually updating, and went to close it... It froze up and I had to kill it using the task manager. If anybody knows how to fix this, it would be good to know. ----- Actually, as I was writing, I download AnavRES.dll from this site http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?anavres and put it in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2015 and now I don't get the AnavREs.dll not found error, but I still cannot open anything besides the sample projects and I still get the audi20res.dll not found error when I close Revit. (I'm not sure if that site is legit or not, but I stopped getting the error.) OP, you might find this useful if it is the only problem you are having with Rivet 2015.
Message 4 of 10

I have a student version of Revit 2015 and I also have a problem with the "AnavRes.dll not found error". What could i do? I've repaired the Autodesk Material Libraries. Besides I don't have the Revit 2015 on the list in Windows Control Panel so how i could repair that? I also don't know how to get install log file to post it here. Can you help me?

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I have the Revit 2015 strudent version and i have the same problem: Can't find annavres.dll file and cannot import or link CAD file.

I have tried to Repair, not working then Uninstall/Reinstall, not working. What should I do? Is there a solution?

Thanks for your answer,

Regard,

Augustin Prevost

Message 6 of 10
adamsta660
in reply to: adamsta660

After many tries with this Revit 2015 student version, I've finally installed student version of Revit 2014, but i hope that you will solve this problem soon.

Message 7 of 10

Thank you I used your link and downloaded the AnavRes.dll file and it fixed my problem. Thank you for the info and link.

Message 8 of 10
mvbarnha
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

Hi Tony - I've tried the fixes you recommend below and still get the anavres.dll and adui20res.dll error upon closing Revit. Are there any other things I could do? Does this affect functionality? There is some siggestion of .dll fixers - that seems questionable to me. Does Autodesk have a fix now?

Message 9 of 10
colbysb
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

Tony,

I have tried both of the fixes you suggested and continue to get the same error message every time I attempt to open a saved file.  What other options do we have?  It really makes things difficult to get going when these errors continue to interrupt operation.  Thank you!

Colby Bradshaw

Message 10 of 10
colbysb
in reply to: colbysb

So this morning I decided to do a scan on the hard drive for the AnavRes.dll and adui20Res.dll files to see if they were even on the computer. The scan found them on the hard drive in several locations from which I copied the two files to the pathway "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit LT 2015" from wherever they were at and now Revit functions wonderfully without seeing those errors any more. It is crazy that the files are there but for one reason or another they didn't copy over to all the necessary folders I guess. I hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report