Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 - scheduling families

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hartson9
351 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2014 - scheduling families

I am having difficulties with my scheduling list, i have a stone rainscreen family which has 15mm granite and 5mm stone. Everything seemed fine until i looked at the scheduling list and everything in the count column had basically doubled (thinking that these are 2 separate objects). Any help would be greatly appriciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: hartson9

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Group!

Are the granite and stone aspects modeled separately? In order for them to schedule separately, Revit has to be seeing them as two separate elements. This could happen if a nested Family is designated as Shared, under its "Family Category and Parameters" dialog. If you are still having difficulties, can you attach your Family file here for investigation?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
hartson9
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi, thanks for the reply. Im not entirely sure if im honest, new to this! Please find attached my Stone Rainscreen family.

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

I have loaded this Family into a blank Project and I'm getting correct counts (see image). Try clicking on one line in your Schedule View and then clicking "Highlight in Model" on the Ribbon to see how many elements are selected. (You can see how many elements are currently selected in the bottom right.)

ScheduleCount.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
hartson9

When i start a new project i am also getting the right amount in my schedule, however in my current project nothing seems to be working, please see attached images of the rainscreen in model and rainscreen in schedule. Many thanks.

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

Did you try my suggestion in my previous post: Selecting a row in the Schedule and clicking "Highlight in Model"? Unfortunately, I don't think there is any more I can help with without seeing the Project File itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report