Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 doesn't start, instant "error report" window

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Zingler
2090 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2014 doesn't start, instant "error report" window

Hey, I'm creating new post cuz it seems like I have very odd problem.

I installed educational, stand-alone verion of Revit 2014 on my new laptop. It's Lenovo y510p with

i7-4700mq

Geforce GT755M

8GB RAM DDR 3

Windows 8.1 x64

Directx 11

THE PROBLEM:

Instalation seems to work ok, In the end Installer claims that it had succesfully instaled Revit. Unfortunatelly after installation when i try to start  a program, the loading window appears for couple of seconds and then immediatelly shows up an "error report" window. (already sent like 5 reports)

Things I tried already:

1. Running as administrator.

2. Disabling firewalls (I have ony a microsoft's one)

3. Formating my PC

4. Deleting all Mircrosoft C++ Ret... (by uinstall window in control pannel) and let installer install them again

5. Deleting all possible autodesk files (as described here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617  )
6. Graphic cards drivers are updated, same goes for intel

7. Tried installing only Architecture are well as all possible branches

8. Tried different ways of download- Install now, DOwnload Now, Broswer Install.

Please help me. Can't find or think off any more solutions to it. 

I've downloaded and installed 3ds max 2014 educational version as well and it works fine!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nathanbailey282
in reply to: Zingler

i see. thank you

Message 3 of 9
edwin.prakoso

You probably have the same problem with this: Alias launch problem. I believe this is common if you have intel and GeForce graphic cards on laptop.
If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 4 of 9
Zingler
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

Hmm it seems like a good way, but can't check it as solution, unfortunatelly 😞 My laptop for default is using "High efficient" Nvidia grapchic card and revit doesn't work with that. But when I select an integrated Intel GPU it starts up. Obviously it's not a great solution for me. Integrated GPU won't handle tasks I will put on him.

Message 5 of 9
miquel.ndr.cs

Hi there!, I have the same machine as yours, same OS, and also a similar problem. I've downloaded Autocad, 3d max and Revit 2014 trial and have the same problem with all of them. The issue seems to be the graphics (Nvidia gt755m), when I open them with integrated graphics they work properly but when I open them with high performance graphics they make an error report and don't open, even Autocad shoots a Fatal error.
I'm getting mad looking for an answer, and I've found nothing for the moment...
As well as Zingler ask... Does anyone has a clue about that?
Message 6 of 9
Zingler
in reply to: miquel.ndr.cs

Hey, for me right now worked this thing... Apparently Revit has some problems with one of the drivers. I didn't install the latest graphic drivers as well as chipset. I'm using slightly older ones. Revit seems to work fine now. It's not the best solution but it's good enough for me. Hope i helped. 

Message 7 of 9
DEVR5159

Would you mind posting the version numbers of the drivers that worked and the ones that didn't? "slightly older" is relative... thanks. Also, how is the performance on that laptop now that you've got it running? Have you tried any large models? I'm looking into laptops for Revit.

Message 8 of 9
miquel.ndr.cs
in reply to: DEVR5159

Thanks Zingler, I've checked GF 755M drivers and tried out the new beta (334.67) and it works great for me as far as I've used it. Despite I haven't worked with heavy files and models in Revit already, I've been working along them with autocad and for me works properly.
The driver that didn't work for me:
The one did:
Here is the link: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/72639
Message 9 of 9
amyvluc

i had the exact same problem. i couldn't open any existing files i had created or even create new files.

so i was doing some research and a user (jcb77) posted this "I just found the answer. I went into the options, on the Graphics tab and deselected the "Use Hardware Acceleration (Direct3D)" button. Now it works just fine.
Problem solved."

this totally worked for me. hope this works for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report