Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 crashes 100% of the time.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4470 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2014 crashes 100% of the time.

Out of the box, immediately after successful installation, registration and activation.  Revit 2014 crashes 100% of the time.  

1) Open new project: “mechanical template”. 

2) Under Floor plans “1 – Mech”  (in the project browser):  free draw a couple of conduit runs anywhere in the drawing area.  Receive the warning: None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: 1 - Mech – Power plan view.  You may want to check the active view, its parameters, and visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.” 

3) Go to Floor Plan: 2 – Mech and free draw a couple of conduit runs.  Receive the same warning: "none of the created elements are visible... "

4) Go to “Visibility/Graphics overrides edit” (properties).  Check the visibility box “conduits”.  Do this for both floor plan 1 and floor plan 2 and 100% of the time I get the fatal error message “An error has occurred while drawing the contents of this window.  This window shall be closed.”  If I close this window I get the next fatal error message “A fatal error has occurred.  The application will be terminated…” and Revit closes.

Yes, I have the minimum system requirements:  Intel® Core™ i3 - 330M

Speed: 2.13GHz .  8GB RAM. 

Graphics Processor: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD Total

Available Graphics Memory of 1755MB (max.)

Chipset: Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

Max. External Resolution via VGA: 2048x1536

Max. External Display Resolution via HDMI™ : 1920x1080

Direct X 11

Windows 7, 64 bit.

Yes, I have tried reinstalling it 8 times.  Yes, I have tried completely uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything.  Yes, I have re-installed Direct X 11.   Yes, I have installed Windows 7 service pack 1.  Yes, I have installed Autodesk_Revit_2014-x64_Update1 and Update2.exe.

I have also used Revit Architecture 2011 on the same computer for three years without any problems. 

Extremely frustrated that I spent 7K and I get to solve this headache via autodesk forums.

If you work at autodesk and are nice enough to help me and you want me to send you an error file, please post your email address so I can send it to you directly.

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion!

I would like to first note that 99% of the people on these boards do not work for Autodesk. We are users, just like you.

And we are typically very happy to help in any way we can.

So a couple of questions:

Is this happening when you model anything (other then conduit)?

Can you get into existing files and work?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
loboarch

@crashes100percent wrote:

4) Go to “Visibility/Graphics overrides edit” (properties).  Check the visibility box “conduits”.  Do this for both floor plan 1 and floor plan 2 and 100% of the time I get the fatal error message “An error has occurred while drawing the contents of this window.  This window shall be closed.”  If I close this window I get the next fatal error message “A fatal error has occurred.  The application will be terminated…” and Revit closes.

The problem you have described is often caused by a graphics card issue.  You can try turning off hardware acceleration in Revit options before you start a new project and see if that resolves the issue.  To turn off hardware acceleration go to the application menu (big "R") and select options.  On the graphics section un-check the use hardware acceleration setting.  (If not checked, try selecting it).  If this does not help resolve the issue you should check to make sure your graphic drivers are up to date and then try this again.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 6
MKFreiert

i think jeff nailed it.  if you don't have an tested and approved card with the approved drivers, you'll get ALL kinds of fun crashes and glitches with hardware acceleration.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you guys so much for your helpful replies.  It is very nice of you to take time out to help people such as myself.  I have deicided to return the product since it doesn't meet my needs.

Thanks again for your help!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Anytime Revit MEP, crashes on me, it's got a good reason, usually Ive tried to do something strange with a duct or a pipe.

Much more stable product than AutoCAD MEP.

A shame you have given up on it. I would have called in tech company like Exitech or caddasist to help with the install and setup.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report