Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 as an entry career?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
291 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2014 as an entry career?

I have an opportunity to my take the courses required for Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate of Completion (Intro, Intermediate, Advanced).

My original education is in Technical Theatre (anything other then acting), and the only career I've had in the field of Architecture is administrator for 2 different Architects, for about 5 years. I have always had a personal interest in architecture and drafting. 

I would like to use the Revit Architecture Certificate of Completion as a base for a career. It could start as a Draftsman, and forward on from there.

Does anyone have any input, suggestion or ideas on my plans. Do you think I can find work based on this education? I am 49 years old, so don't want to go for Architectural Technician.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,

James

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
helsinki_dave
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you considered the pitching yourself as being an early stage designer?

For example, I worked with this guy..Carlos.

http://www.dublanc-studio.com/

He is a very talented designer who uses sketching (paper + photoshop) to communicate (based on geometry out of sketchup) and was worth as much as an associate / regional director in terms of salary

What would take me 2 days to setup in 3dsmax etc, he can do in three hours AND seal the vision with the client because the client was ready to talk around a sketch after years of looking at 3dmax renders.

These days, architects can't draw like they used to. It's a rare talent and sets you apart from the mass's of 3dmax / Revit users who are flooding out of Uni and will work at half the salary you'ld like to achieve.

I might be wrong - no offence intended to anyone if I am!

Regards,
David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report