Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 and Quadro fx 1800, will it work?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HNysted
899 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 and Quadro fx 1800, will it work?

Im having a HP w8540 vd444av laptop thats upgraded with 8gb of ram.
Going to start at school and im going to use revit 2014 but only smaller models and stuff the first year or so.

The laptop has the Quadro fx 1800 gpu that only supports directx 10.1 and revit 2014 says it needs directx11. Have red about people using parellels that has an older directx can uncheck the hardware accelleration box in preferences and it will work.

So my question is, is it possible to use my laptop and the fx1800m gpu with revit 2014?

And second, will it run really buggy or will it run ok when its smaller models?

Best Regards!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: HNysted

At our office we have a bunch of Dell desktop computers that run Quadro FX 1800 with Revit 2014 and LARGE projects and it works ok. When orbiting around the texture maps will disappear and turn into wireframe to increaese framerate which is hard to notice unless you're looking for it.

That being said, are you sure it's a Quadro FX 1800 and as these are full size cards for desktops. Laptops typically have the ###M like the Quadro K5100M. http://www.nvidia.ca/object/quadro-professional-solutions.html
Message 3 of 3
HNysted
in reply to: HNysted

Thanks for the answer 🙂

No you're right its the quadro fx 1800M of course forgot to put the M in.
Its the 1 gb GDDR5 version.

If I compare specs the M version a little more Cuda cores but they're pretty close only the memory bandwidth where the desktop version is 192-bit and the mobile is 128bit. But maybe the desktop performs way better even if the specs looks like the same?

The CPU is an Intel i7 720QM. So think it should be ok as a starter laptop. For the first year or so. Im considering the throw a SSD in it, that wouldnprobably help a bit for the responsentimes in revit.

But my main concern was it wasn't possible to use a older directx card for the 2014 edition, so again thanks for your reply 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report