Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Ribbon Disappears

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scottk
2151 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2014 Ribbon Disappears

My Revit 2014 Ribbon Disappears. It's similar to the issue with release 2012 and 2013. There they had a hotfix that resolved the problem. Is there a similar hotfix for 2014?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: scottk

Since installing 2014 was the cause of the issues in 2013 and 2012, there is no hotfix for 2014. If you are seeing issues in the Ribbon, i would first download and install a new version of .NET 4.5 which controls the Ribbon.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

If the behavior continues, we have seen odd behavior when workstations have multiple monitors in place, or a large monitor set to a high resolution. These issues are magnified if Revit is being utilized in the secondary monitor, as Revit attempts to use the primary monitor by default. We have also seen these issues if the Project Browser or Properties Palette undocked from the main Revit window.

If you have not already, I would verify that the monitor DPI is set to 100% (Control Panel > Display), Revit is on the main monitor, and the Properties Palette and Project Browser are docked.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4
mmerkel324
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

I have the monitor DPI is set to 100% , Revit is on the main monitor, and the Properties Palette and Project Browser are docked, and I have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 installed, and yet I still have the same issue of the Contextual Ribbons Disappearing.  Do I need to uninstall the .NET Framework 4.5.1 version and revert back to the .NET Framework 4.5 version to get Revit 2014 to work properly? 

Message 4 of 4
cdougan
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

I just ran into the same issue in 2014. Everything was working fine and now all of a sudden the needed ribbon tools for editing groups will not show up. I also had the same issue in 2012 and it was not because of 2014 being installed as it happened before 2014 was released. In the 2012 error I was at least able to cylce through the panel tabs and the edit ribbon would show back up, now it's just gone. 

Has autodesk come up with a fix or are we just left out in the cold again?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report