Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Rendering in the Cloud times

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
kkeller112
1575 Views, 12 Replies

Revit 2014 Rendering in the Cloud times

I have been using Revit for the last few years now in school and use the cloud to render. Recently, however, my cloud renders went from taking 15 minutes or less to taking well over 4 hours. I have tried all sort of things to decrease the time, but nothing seems to make a difference. Does anyone know why cloud renders could take 4 hours or more?

-Kevin

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
hboemtbrender
in reply to: kkeller112

Same is happening with me. Where it would normally take 20 minutes, my renders have been taking 4 to 7 hours. its ridiculous. My smartphone could render quicker, actually it does.

Does Autodesk have anything to say I wonder?

Message 3 of 13
kdane
in reply to: hboemtbrender

I am having the same problem. Has anybody figured out if there is any way to fix it or if autodesk is working on the problem?

Message 4 of 13
Chris.Aquino

Depending on the exact times when the renderings were sent to the servers, there could have been an extraordinary large number of render jobs in the queue. There was also a small window where we were experiencing network issues, so it may have come during that time as well.

If you have not already, I would try the following:

1.         Close all Browsers.

2.         If signed into a360 in any applications, please sign out.

3.         Go to Control Panel > Internet Options

4.         Clear the Browsing History, including cookies and the cache.

5.         Clear the Temp folder (Hit Windows+R, Enter %temp%, clear folder).

6.         Launch any browser.

7.         Sign into rendering.360.autodesk.com.

8.         Launch Revit.

9.         Sign into the a360.

10.       Try Rendering a view.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 13
jakle90

SO SLOW STUCK IN CLOUD FOR HOURS?!?!?

WTF mate.

Message 6 of 13
erementillajr

I am having the same problem where the final image will finally get uploaded 7-8hrs later on Autodesk 360 and say it only took 2 minutes to render. I don't think it's our internet speed because it worked fine a few weeks ago. Now it's just really slow at uploading the final image. 

Message 7 of 13
kkeller112

Chris,

I have tried the steps you outlined and still there is no difference in render times. All my studio mates can produce cloud renders in 20 mins with their accounts. We even put them up to render at the same time with mine always taking the longest.

I'm really quite confused by it all.

Message 8 of 13

****, I also got the same problems. It has already taken 14 hours.
At the begining of using cloud rendering, it just take only one hour in the same setting!!!
why it takes 14 times of time now?

Message 9 of 13

12 F%$king hours and still rendering when normally it took 20 minutes.

Nice work AutoCAD. You are hopeless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 13

Congratulations!!!! I finished my FXXking rendering in 25 hours finally. My vray rendering with same setting is only taken  8 hours
Apparently, Autodesk is a very good company with a very fast cloud rendering system 

Message 11 of 13

Heres the facts. The free ride is over kiddies - AutoDesk now has you hooked on cloud render and you're now going to have to pay hard for your fix.

If your license is a student license you're stuffed because all your renders will now get pushed to the back of the queue and take 24 hours to render. Well what do you expect, you're a bludging student for goodness sake.

If you have a paid for license, you will get 100 cloud credits which is about 6 decent quality renders. If you want more, you need to buy cloud credits. Cloud Credits are $100 for 100 credits. So you have to pay 16 dollars everytime you want to do a decent quality render. Oh did you just pay $3000 for a Revit license? Tough Love Buddy! AutoDesk want to ream you again.

Nice one AutoDesk.

Check this out

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autodesk-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Au...

Message 12 of 13
kkeller112

Seriously, Autodesk, now a bunch of us in studio have to wait upwards of 20 hours for renderings in the cloud to finish now. You guys push all your products for educational download and then screw us with the rendering times. It'd be faster to use SketchUp and V-Ray nowadays.

Message 13 of 13
archyasmeen

I have the same problem !! my rendering in cloud take 3 hours instead of 15 min.did you guys figure out this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report