Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014, ReCap 2014 and Point Clouds

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
EricWiens
869 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014, ReCap 2014 and Point Clouds

Hi,

We are working with some Faro laser scans and are a bit new to this.  We are trying to figure out the best workflow with Revit 2014.  We have ReCaped the Registered Faro scene files and would like to know how to turn on/off a specific part of a point cloud in Revit.  We can turn off the RCP file or the individual scan files (RCS) that are 1-1 match of the Faro FLS files.  Is it possible to transfer ReCap's scanned regions into Revit?  We need to be able to turn on/off various elements in the point cloud (Maybe part of multiple Faro scans).  For instance a demolition drawing will use a point cloud that contains a wall, then a new drawing will show the point cloud with out the wall.  Is this possible with just ReCap and Revit?  Or do we have use Faro's Scene to break the point cloud up into multiple sections and then ReCap those?  I guess another way to do this is to have two set's of point cloud files.  One that is complete, and another with some of the points that we don't want to show deleted.  This would work, but doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Thanks,

Eric

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
stahci
in reply to: EricWiens

BUMP. I am curious as to an answer for this as well.
Message 3 of 3
EricWiens
in reply to: EricWiens

Hi,

Here is what we do:

Existing point cloud: Recap our Faro scans.  This becomes our "existing" RCP file that shows the entire point cloud.

New work point cloud: Open the existing point cloud RCP.  Save as a new RCP.  Use regions / section boxes to assisting in selecting the points to be removed.  Once points selected hit delete.

Open Revit and add the two RCP files into it.  Toggle them off / on using phases or visibility graphic settings.

It's too bad scan regions don't appear in Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report