Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 - Design Options - Room Separation Lines and Warnings

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
540 Views, 0 Replies

Revit 2014 - Design Options - Room Separation Lines and Warnings

I am working on a planning project. This file will never move forward to Construction Documents. I just learned that you can have multiple area schemes, which probably would have been the better way to set up my project. Unfortuntely, I already have too much invested in my current model to backtrack.

I am looking at various ways that an existing building can be re-purposed. I have set up levels and have an linked existing CAD drawings for each level. Each CAD file is on its own workset. Then I set up four different design option sets - the existing condition; and Scenarios 1-3. Each scenario is completely empty/blank on the primary option within the set with the rooms located on another option within the set.

I started by drawing room separation lines within each existing room and placing a room (all within the Existing option). The rooms allow me to create all sorts of parameters I need (room type, existing department, etc) and create views with different color schemes illustrating this data.

Now that I am working on laying out my first scenario option. When in that design option, I am getting warnings that... "Highlighted room separation lines overlap. One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Delete one of the lines." OR "Design Option 'Scenario 1" cannot reference Design Option 'Existing'". In the views Visibility Graphics, the Existing design option is on Automatic (which is always empty/blank) and when I place a room, it is filling as I expect. So I am not having problems getting the graphics I need using this method, but I am collecting warnings very fast. Since the project is pretty light and we won't be moving this file into a future phase, I'm not too worried about the warnings bogging down the file. It is annoying though to have the warnings slowing me down a bit.

Any suggestions? comments?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report