Ribbon behavior problems occur in Revit 2012 and 2013 after the installation of Microsoft .NET 4.5, which is one of the pre-requisite for Revit 2014. This is why this problem is typically encountered after Revit 2014 is installed side-by-side with a previous version of Revit. For those using Revit 2012, the Autodesk Revit 2012 - Ribbon behavior due to .Net 4.5 installation hotfix will resolve this problem. And for Revit 2013 users, the fix is included in the latest update releases, which are available from the following links: Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Structure, and Revit.
Autodesk Revit QA
I have found the Add-Ins for 2013 do not work. When Revit 2013 loads, it comes up with error messages for 5 apps . . . . the only resolution is to cancel the loading of the apps. Apps for which I still have licensed subscriptions do not work . . . so not only have I have lost the app but also a resulting loss of productivity.
CRUG 2013 will not load . . . . so my favourite Type Catalog generator is not available as well!!!
I am working as a Revit facilitator with an organisation that is running both RA2013 and RA2014 . . . . my application is Revit 2014 Ultimate Design Suite.
My revit and autocad is messed up. Can someone help me. I have 2013 autocad mep and revit mep. I downloaded the new 2014 versions. Well it screwed up my 2013 revit and it screwed up my 2014 autocad. My 2014 autocad is having the same problems in this group discussion. But I cant find a 2013 or 2014 service pack. The problem that I'm having is some tabs are missing in the electrical section. Where I can't rehost componets. I also have the Microsoft.net framework 4.5. My revit was alot worse than what it is now. But I re installed the microsoft.net framework 4.5 and I got some tabs back but not all. In my 2014 autocad is just like the 2012 in this discussion. If anyone can figure this out. I would be greatfull!
2012 hotfix link worked for me. Thanks to all!
I windows .NET update is indeed the culprit. If you just ran a windows update, look out for bugs in Revit.