Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014: 3D views missing on sheets (system printers, PDF or DWFx)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
richard.fielt
4261 Views, 9 Replies

Revit 2014: 3D views missing on sheets (system printers, PDF or DWFx)

Whenever I try to print sheets that contain shaded (or better) 3D views, these 3D views do not appear on my prints/Pdf's/DWFx's. I've tried different PDF-drivers and hardcopy printers that are in my office, but they all don't work.

Some things that maybe can narrow the cause down:
- Printing a single 3D view to a DWFx works
- Printing a single 3D view to PDF or hardcopy printer doesn't work
- Printing a Hidden Line view on sheets works on alle printers
- 2013; printing a sheet containing 3D views works. When upgrading the same project to 2014, the same sheet fails.

I hope somebody can give me a solution/cause for this issue... Thanks in Advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Unable to help at this stage but thought you may like to know that someone else is also experiencing this problem with Revit 2014.

Lodged a case with Autodesk at almost the same time that you have posted this message.  Interested to know if your issue has been fixed?

Message 3 of 10

Autodesk suggested running “repair” on Revit 2014 (through windows install/unistall).

Ran printing tests:

• Save to file as image – successful.
  • Print to hardcopy - successful.
  • Print to PDF – successful.

Software start-up also considerably faster.

Looks like issues have been resolved.

Message 4 of 10

Issue solved!

I've run repair on Revit 2014 and now the 3D views print just fine on sheets. Thanks for you help.

Message 5 of 10
mmiller10
in reply to: richard.fielt

I'm experiencing the same problem- running the trial version for the time being as well.  Canyou please explain how to run a repair?

Message 6 of 10
designdraught
in reply to: mmiller10

Operating Systtem Windows?  If so...

close running programmes

go to "uninstall or change a program" (found under "programs" in windows control panel)

select the file you want to repair (single click)

right click and select "uninstall/change"

windows will open a dialogue window

click "repair or reinstall"

The repair process took quite awhile.

I left mine to repair overnight... may be due to slow internet speeds.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 10

Recently we also encountered a problem with missing legends on sheets (in our case, it was a legend with doors on a sheet including a door-schedule). Repairing the install didn't solve our problem (we allready did a repair, because of the 3D/PDF problem mentioned above, but did it again anyway), but reducing the Raster Quality from 'Presentation' to 'High' (in Print Setup) did the job..

Message 8 of 10

Another addition to the missing (or corrupted) 3D-views story; I experienced/discovered that enabling shadows on shaded and realistic views has a positive effect on the printouts!

Message 9 of 10
JOHNC17
in reply to: richard.fielt

Has anyone found out why it doesn't print? I've tried repair twice and even exported as image, all i get is a blank page with viewport title. Any suggestions as to why this happens.
Message 10 of 10
cbcarch
in reply to: JOHNC17

Have you tried switching vector/raster settings in your PDF print driver? and/or dpi settings? 150-300 dpi is plenty. setting at 600 may cause problems.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report