Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 ribbon button problems vs 2014 installation

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mpukas
3218 Views, 11 Replies

Revit 2013 ribbon button problems vs 2014 installation

I’ve installed Revit 2014, but mainly using 2013. When I installed 2014, the button on the 2013 ribbon started acting funny.

When I select an element, a wall for instance, I don’t get the proper buttons under the MODIFY tab showing up. I have to hit the show/hide button on the drop-down menu that controls the visibility of the ribbon & buttons to get the EDIT PROFILE button.

And it doesn’t end there; when I get into EDIT PROFILE mode, the proper buttons are not showing up again. Again, I have to do a show/hide with the drop down menu, and then the proper buttons show up and I can edit the wall.

If I then select another element, such as a roof, I have to go through the same two-extra-step process to edit the roof.

I just re-installed 2013 yesterday because I’ve been having issues with 2013 crashing on a daily basis, and then not opening at all. Yet the same problem still happens. I un-installed 2014, and the problem still happens. After I un-installed 2014, I did a repair on 2013, and the problem still persists.

I spoke to my Tech Support, CAD-1, this morning and they told me it’s possibly an issue with 2014 over writing some .NETFRAMEWORK files for 2013 (or something like that). They saw the problem on my system but couldn’t resolve the issue.

I’ve called Autodesk Tech Support, and of course the made a ticket and “will get back to me.” (I’ve not had much luck w/ Autodesk Tech Support in the past, and have a bad taste in my mouth because of it)

This is very annoying and time consuming to have to work around this problem.

Is Autodesk aware of this problem? Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a hot-fix?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: mpukas

when you installed 2014 it puts on .net 4.5 which does cause issues with previous versions of revit

install the latest update for revit 2013

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
mpukas
in reply to: DarrenP

How do I find the latest update? Subscription Center? Or can I do it thru Revit?

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

Update 2 is now available for Revit 2013 products, and can be accessed at the following locations:

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013 UR2

Autodesk Revit Structure 2013 UR2

Autodesk Revit MEP 2013 UR2

The update for Autodesk Revit 2013:

Autodesk Revit 2013 UR2

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
mpukas

Thank you so much - I couldn't have found that. I assumed updates and such would be in Subscription Center.

Should I install 32 or 64? I'm running a stand alone license on Windows 7 64-bit. The original 2013 installation is from a thumb drive, and I wasn't given an option for a bit version.

Message 6 of 12
DarrenP

@mpukas wrote:

Should I install 32 or 64? I'm running a stand alone license on Windows 7 64-bit. The original 2013 installation is from a thumb drive, and I wasn't given an option for a bit version.

it shouldn't give you an option if you installed from the usb stick it auto detects what operating system your running

since your running windows 64 bit it installs the 64 bit versions of the software

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
mpukas

I can't install the update(s) - I get a dialogue box that states "The Update Release could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located..."

I've tried both verions for update 1 & 2.

Message 8 of 12
DarrenP

are you downloading/installing the correct update

there are 4 different revit products

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
mpukas

I downloaded both 32 and 64 but versions for update 1 & 2.

None of them will install - I get the sme message each time.

I've successfully downloaded and installed revit extensions and timber roof frame previously.

Message 10 of 12
mpukas

I got the update to install - I was using the Architecture version. If I use the Revit 2013 version, it worked.

The Update 2 fixed the ribbon issues.

Thanks again for you help!

Message 11 of 12
jwagoner0008

These links are broken. Where can we download this now?

I still need the fix.

Message 12 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: jwagoner0008

Update 3 is out

Revit 2013 Update Release 3

Revit Architecture 2013 Update Release 3

Revit Structure 2013 Update Release 3

Revit MEP 2013 Update Release 3

Installation ReadMe files and Update Enhancement PDFs are available at each of these locations as well.

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report