Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Modify Tab Missing Finish and Cancel Options

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Gabmariestef
4863 Views, 9 Replies

Revit 2013 Modify Tab Missing Finish and Cancel Options

I just installed the student version of Revit 2013. I opened it and everything seems to be working expect when I draw anything (ie topo surface, wall, etc.), the modify tab is missing all the draw options (line, circle, etc) as well as the Finish and Cancel buttons. This makes it impossible for me to use the software without those. Is there a way they could be hidden or is the software just corrupt?

Please let me know.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: Gabmariestef

You need to install the update #2 to Revit 2013 to correct this behavior.  It is due to a compatibility issue between .NET 4.5 and Revit 2013.  I am guessing you are trying to run this on Windows 8 which needs .NET 4.5 to run.  revit 2013 needs to be updated to avoid this conflict.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20679039&linkID=16831210

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 10
chelleOnO
in reply to: loboarch

Is this compatibility fix also the case with it not working on a Windows 7 professional OS?

Message 4 of 10
David_W_Koch
in reply to: chelleOnO

If .NET Framework 4.5 has been installed on your computer running Windows 7, you will experience the same issue, and need the same fix (hotfix for 2012 versions; latest Update for 2013 versions).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 10
chetsishah5

I am facing the same issue with the student version. I installed UP1, UP2, UP3. I now see start and finish check marks but I don't see draw panel. 

Plese help!

Message 6 of 10

Hi
I have the same problem with information missing in the modify tab but I'm using Revit 2012 on windows 7, what can I do about this?
Message 7 of 10
David_W_Koch
in reply to: 09013398

Make certain that you have Update Release 2 for your version of Revit 2012 installed, and then apply the .Net 4.5 hotfix.  Links to the Update Releases and the Hotfix can be found in this blog article.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 10
thamizhz
in reply to: Gabmariestef

i'm also faced this type of problem. please check ur lap or desktop graphic card details. u must increase ur GD, for that type of error.
Message 9 of 10
sarahrtobias
in reply to: thamizhz

I have been dealing with the same issue. It seems to be a graphics problem. If save and close and reopen the document, the tab will appear. Of course this is unproductive and i accidentally found that if you cycle through the display or double click on the modify tab it will show you the ACCURATE modify tab for that command. Hope this helps. Its been bothering me for about a month.
Message 10 of 10
chetsishah5
in reply to: sarahrtobias

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report