Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Link has no placed instances in project

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bimandict
2949 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2013 Link has no placed instances in project

Hi,

We have a project with a container model containing 4 Revit models.

4 hours ago the container model was displaying and behaving as expected.

Now a user reported that the main building can not be seen in any view and the attached message show when trying to reload it. In the manage links window the main building is however showing as Loaded.

I know how to resolve the issue by creating an instance of the linked building. What I don't understand is how the model got to this state?

Link showing as loaded, I can't reload and creating a new instance mean I have to place the building again. (this happened to 3 of the linked models).

The user don't think they have done anything, I know that is not trustworthy information but they have not unloaded the model at least.

Can this happen at random?

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Microsoft Cloud Services Partner
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kpf_isiegel
in reply to: bimandict

Hi Jimi, did you ever resolve this issue? I may be up against a similar issue today in Revit 2014.

Thanks,

Ian Siegel

Message 3 of 5

Ian,

We just had this happen to us this week. did you ever find out what happened or why?

Message 4 of 5
swhart
in reply to: kpf_isiegel

I'm having the same problem. I have gone to the project browser and followed the instructions, but the model doesn't load properly. Any help would be appreciated

Message 5 of 5
swhart
in reply to: bimandict

We actually just fixed our problem.

We had two central ARCH files:

ARCH-1

ARCH-2

and an HVAC central file

HVAC-1

The problem was that ARCH-1 was copied and pasted to created ARCH-2 in windows explorer. This turned ARCH-2 into a local file (unbeknownst to us). We then unknowlingly linked this local file into our HVAC-1 central file.

This is what caused the error. What we did to fix it was open ARCH-1, saved it through Revit as a central model named ARCH-2. Then there was no problem with our links.

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report