Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Crashes at startup. Please Help!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
elyse05
1490 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2013 Crashes at startup. Please Help!!!!!

Hello,

I recently downloaded revit 2013 educational version when I open the program all I get is a pop up window saying "Autodesk Revit has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I'm really struggling to find a solution and I am not the most tech savvy person. I have a toshiba qosmio with windows 7. 8 GB RAM 64-bit with a nvidia graphics card GeForce GT 540M.

Not sure what other information is needed to help me out. If anyone can provide me with some assistance that would be great! I have an assignment due this friday and at this stage it will never get done!

Attached is the screen that comes up when I open revit.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wilson.r.lisa
in reply to: elyse05

I have the same problem and have been trying to get help for 2 days without help from Autodesk or anything else. 

Message 3 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: wilson.r.lisa

What antivirus do you have installed?  I've seen quite a few topics posted recently where the antivirus that was running during the installation was causing Revit to freeze at the splash screen.  I believe the fix was to uninstall, turn off the antivirus (all components), and re-install.  There may be some continuing issues if you're using Panda antivirus.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report