Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 second monitor issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1387 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2012 second monitor issue

Hi everybody,

in rac 2012 if I put the software on the second (bigger screen) it slows down considerably (almost unusable) and when I select an object the whole rac window "shakes".

I have no problem with rac 2011 and acad 2011.

Anybody with the same problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
edward_saota
in reply to: Anonymous

Does Revit 2012 support Dual screens?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

To my knowledge revit 2012 does not support dual screen. I was happy with rac 2011 running the program on a second and bigger screen. With rac 2012 there seams to be a bug and the software if run on the second screen makes many strange mistakes such as the whole screen shakes, and the selected object moves few meters away. In contrast, I have not witnessed any bug so far when revit 2012 runs on the primary screen. I'm using rac 2012 on a laptop toshiba a660 with an original copy and fresh install of win 7 64 pro (bought separately) and the secondary monitor is a eizo 22in.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I've experienced similar problem with rac 2011 although both my monitors are the same size. The only thing I've found that helps is to dock your options bar (the menu under the main tabs) at the bottom. I'm guessing more to do with a hardware/ software compatibility issue. But in saying that we are running 8 identical computers with the same software and only 2 had this issue???? You could try a full re-install. No issues yet with 2012.....

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I've solved the problem. In my case it was the configuration of the second monitor. In the nvidia setup, revit wants the 2 monitors to be aligned on top and not on the bottom. In case of the 2 monitors of the same size and resolution, in my case it worked to disalign them and align them on top again. I have no more problem with strange behaviours and the program sped up a lot. Hope that helps. Ciao

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report