Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 - Wall

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Winter-s
551 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2012 - Wall

I placed a wall below the staircase how to attach the wall to the slating side of the stairs. How to join the stairs to the floor slab so that it reads as a one structure?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

1. To attach the wall o the stair underside:
  • I propose a workaround - make a roof by extrusion as a helper using the underside line of the stair . Make a type of roof dedicated to this..a phantom roof. Attach the wall to this roof and then hide the roof..

2. In order to make a seamless conection betewen the floor slab and the stair structure:

• make them first of the same material
  • then , the most simple method could be to make a Linework override ( Modify >View > Linework > Invisible Line)

Image 6.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: Winter-s

Welcome to the Discussion!

Another option I would like to throw into the mix - Modify the wall profile.

You will need to do this is a section view of the wall - Select the wall in the section and in the Ribbon you will see the Edit Profile tool - select it. See Image edit profile.

Then you can modify the boundary of the wall to follow the stair. See image - modify.

Then finish the modify and you will see the wall follow the stair or outline you have specified. See image finish.

Both options will work.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 4

Yes, Lisa , you are right -  your solution is definitely the most appropriate in case of straight walls.

The workaround proposed by me is more suitable for  curved walls or jagged wall succesion , where the Edit  Profile for wall can not be applied to. This workaround allows. also to lock the "phantom roof" to the stair underside and thanks to this , moving the stair the wall will keep attached to it..but as any workaround is less handy  ....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report