Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 Being really slow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Delija91
362 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2012 Being really slow

Hey guys would anyone have any idea as to why my revit is so slow when i try and do work. 

The files arent even big roughly 5mb it works normally then all of a sudden slows down says i dont have enough memory. I have a 2gb graphics card and 8gb ram. Revit uses up all of it even tho i am not rendering, simply drawing walls.

Any idea of how i can fix this because i cant get any of my assignments done. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SimPer32
in reply to: Delija91

I had a similar problem and the only thing that solved the problem was to increase my RAM from 8 gb to 16 gb.

Message 3 of 4
troye

I hope you have a decent processor in your box. I personally have 2 with 8GB ram, and a 2GB graphics card. depending on how many views oyu have open, that can make an impact as well. Remember to use Thin  Lines and wire frame whenever possible. Also be sure that you have minimal priosecces running when you are using Revit. you really don't want o have more than one session open at a time or have thing like AutoCAD or a system back-up running. All these things will make your system run extreemly slow. You may not notice it if you are just running other thing but when you are running a progran that is graphicly intense it will really bog down the system. Also you might want to be sure  that you are running as the local administrator so you have "full control" of all the system resources Autodesk procucts require. If you are just running as a user you will see a major slow down in the system. What OS are you running? There are thing that you can dio with differrent OSs to tweak them to increase your bus speed.

Message 4 of 4
Delija91

I am using windows 7. I never had this problem with Revit 2011, I dont run anything but revit also I make sure i turn off all the other views still doesnt make a differents I will try running it with Administrator see how that goes i guess. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report