Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2011 crashes as soon as you want to model something

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ankits
1434 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2011 crashes as soon as you want to model something

Hi

Im having problems with revit 2011 x64. as soon as i want to model something say click on the wall tool or place mass tool. It instantly crashes. I installed the maintenance update and still no luck. Anyone know what the problem is?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ryan.duell
in reply to: ankits

I would test the following:
1.  Ensure you are running a supported graphics card and driver.  The list is below along with the driver download link:
List:
2.  If the issue persists, see if disabling hardware acceleration under Revit > Options > Graphics > un-check Use Hardware Acceleration.
3.  If the issue persists, does it happen with a new project file?  Or is it isolated to 1 project file?

I would test the following:

1.  Ensure you are running a supported graphics card and driver.  The list is below along with the driver download link:

List:http://www.autodesk.com/us/revit/revit_graphics_hardware_list_June02.html
Driver Downloads: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/hc?siteID=123112&id=6711853&linkID=9240618

2.  If the issue persists, see if disabling hardware acceleration under Revit > Options > Graphics > un-check Use Hardware Acceleration.

3.  If the issue persists, does it happen with a new project file?  Or is it isolated to 1 project file?

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 11
ankits

My graphivs card is Nvidia Gfoce 8600GT but the driver version is higher than what is supported. I run vista 64bit and driver it supports is : 7.15.11.7824 whereas i have a newer version 8.1 I cant exactly find the suported driver version anywhere. 

When I open up revit I get a message as shown by the attached .jpg file. SO i tried by deselcting use hardware accelartion 3D. But still the same problem. as soon as I click on wall or any other tool it just crashes. You can view the problem here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMoTffOiuHM

And it happens new project file as well as older ones. For instance, I opened up the sample files given with revit 11 and it seems to work fine when i render a view. But as soon as i try to add a wall or make any addtions it just crashes.

Regds

Ankit

Message 4 of 11
ryan.duell

Have you performed a clean uninstall / reinstall to this point?  If not I would recommend doing so with the instructions below:
Along with this, ensure the delete the UIState.dat file from #3 prior to reinstall, from the blog post below:

Have you performed a clean uninstall / reinstall to this point?  If not I would recommend doing so with the instructions below:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14633513

Along with this, ensure the delete the UIState.dat file from #3 prior to reinstall, from the blog post below:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/revit-2011-hangs-at-splash-screen-or-crashes-with-u...

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 11
ankits

I have unistalled it and installed it still no luck..

And i just tried the options mentioned in this post: http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/revit-2011-hangs-at-splash-screen-or-crashes-with-u...

and still no luck..revit 2011 still crashes!

Message 6 of 11
marcus102030

Hi,

I´m having exactly the same problem. I´m using Nvidia Geforce 9500GT video card, and Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bits.

I instaled Revit Architecture 2011 x64. When i try "wall" comand the program close.

Regards,

Marcus

Message 7 of 11
glpcustom81
in reply to: marcus102030

I am also having the exact same problem. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with a Nvidia GeForce 160M graphics card. I've tried unchecking "hardware acceleration". I've tried re-installing. I've tried clean uninstall and re-install. Nothing is working.

Chance Howe

Message 8 of 11

Perhaps theres a way to register your graphics card to be tested and included in the list of supported/recommended graphics for AutoCAD or Revit .  As the prompt says your graphics card is not supported yet probably its not yet compatible.  Try to uninstall the driver, test if Revit would no longer crash then maybe get the latest driver from the vendors website, they must have some updates.  As I know Geforce is ideal for gaming and animation though for Revit Quadro Fx or ATI Firepro.

Message 9 of 11

...Mobility FireGL rather.

Message 10 of 11
ryan.duell
in reply to: glpcustom81

If this behavior persists, it is typically related to a Microsoft .NET conflict which Revit uses for the interface.  I would recommend testing the following workflow for Windows 7:

1.  Close Revit.

2.  Windows Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Turn Windows Features on or off.

3.  Clear the box for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 > OK.

4.  When complete uninstall any later versions of Microsoft .NET, such as 4.0.

5.  Then check the box again to reinstall the Windows component for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.

6.  Restart the workstation, attempt to launch Revit and see if the issue persists.

7.  If needed .NET 4.0 can be reinstalled suing the following Microsoft link:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

Please let us know if the issue should persist.  Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 11 of 11
Jundanshim
in reply to: ryan.duell

I have tried all the ways above, also reinstall net 4.0 but it still crash when i chose the tool wallSmiley Frustrated . Is their anyone got out of this problem?

My graphic card is "Ati mobility radeon hd 5650"(supported) and im using win 7-64bit on my Dell laptop.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report