Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 15 - TIFF Conversion Issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pibanez
434 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 15 - TIFF Conversion Issue

I found out that we can't obtain hi-quality tiff's out of anything created in Revit 15.
Case: Our construction company relies heavily on On-Screen Take-Off for the estimating aspect, and this program relies on the usage of tiff drawings. Having this said, we extract plan sheets from Revit as pdf's to use them in On-Screen T.O. then this program converts them to tiff itself. EVERYTHING that comes out of R15 is not legible in On-Screen. Anyone else with this problem?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: pibanez

You know you can export Revit views/sheets as TIFF direct from Revit?

And im not sure what you mean by "EVERYTHING that comes out of R15 is not legible in On-Screen"? Can you elaborate on this please.

Revit outputs are only really as good as YOU make them. If you put in rubbish you get out rubbish. And, that is a strange method for take-offs. There are MUCH faster more efficent ways of getting take-offs from your BIM projects. 

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 7
pibanez
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

The fact is that we have done this process with every Revit version, until this newest 15. I tried direct tiff conversion of course but didn't look good on On-Screen.

DWF looked fairly good, but compared to PDF export, the multi-sheet export feature (i.e. getting 10 different pdf's from 10 different Revit sheets at the same time, instead of 1 pdf containing 10 pages) gets lost.

Message 4 of 7
Alisder.Brown

What are the issues with the direct TIFF from Revit you are having? I do not see any difference at all between the Revit TIFF, PDF or DWF versions of the same set of sheets/views
. What part "does not look good on screen"? Mine are not loosing any quality that i can notice, they look just how i would expect.
Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 7
pibanez
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Tiff's llok blurry, almost not legible. And funny thing... it only happens with our Revit 15, I just wanted to narrow down the root of the problem, everything seems to point at Revit 15 

Message 6 of 7
maciejwypych

Hi,

Just tried to create a Tiff from a drawing. Can't see any problems.
What DPI did you set? Also, you can check the "Smooth lines with antialiasing" in the Graphic display option, to improve the quality a bit, if it is not set globally(new feature of 2015)
Message 7 of 7
longwest

I don't which file do you want to convert TIFF to. But you can check this tiff converter, which allow convesion among excel, Word, pdf, tiff and raster images.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report